Support for Replay Gain tags

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Support for Replay Gain tags

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    makoblaster
    Participant

To date, out of all Wii homebrew apps, I think MAYBE only GeeXbox supports replay gain tags. For such an awesome and amazing feature, it’s honestly very sad to see how little support it gets on ANY platform – I don’t know how anyone can handle the volume changes between songs otherwise.

The alternative, using WaveGain and upsampling to 24bit, isn’t exactly light on storage space (50% more).

If this gets implemented, you guys will be awesome. WavPack support by itself is nice, but THIS is the killer feature for me. The ability to play a an entire folder AND shuffle playback was already awesome enough, but that along with WavPack + this would just be ABSOLUTELY GAR.

makoblaster
    Participant

No replies at all? Geez, this is even the oldest topic currently. I guess nobody really DOES care about the volume differences between songs – that would explain Replay Gain’s lack of support in general.

I myself just can’t stand it, and using a dynamic range compressor is just detrimental to the sound quality.

vvc
    Participant

Was thinking about this problem the other day. Didn’t know there’s already a working solution. Would also be very useful in the video-section. This would be great.

axgarr
    Participant

Actually Tantric is currently busy with translations, and restoring some know bugs
    You must wait for the 1.0.2 release, and next probably will start the development of further additions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Support for Replay Gain tags’ is closed to new replies.

Login

Lost Password