SWF not Working In WiiMC 1.2.2

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements Navi-X SWF not Working In WiiMC 1.2.2

• This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by krivoz.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    krivoz
    Participant

I was Having Trouble Getting Navi-X Playlists (my own) Working in WiiMC, and iRonBiLL was helping me troubleshoot, what it all boiled down to, was i think a Bug in WiiMC, preventing .swf playback of youtube videos that Navi Linked too, So ironbill told me to sign up here and make a thread to alert the Admins/Coders/tantric.

Anyway, I’m guessing this is more of a bug report :3

WhizzBang
    Participant

Hey Tantric,

I was helping this user and we discovered an issue Turner3D and I will resolve, however when the user tries to playback the .swf file by linking to it directly in onlinemedia.xml, they get a “File Playback Error”.

It appears something is going on with .swf’s in WiiMC.

Maybe InfernoXZ can provide you with the links he tried… they are from YouTube. Thanks.

iRoNBiLL

rodries
    Keymaster

Does WiiMC even support SWF? I’m not so sure…

krivoz
    Participant

That Would Explain alot…derp.

cadbusca
    Participant

AFAIC YouTube does not output any .swf files, so these posts make no sense. See wikiopedia for all the formats.

WhizzBang
    Participant

Well based on this link, they claim SWF is supported on WiiMC. Maybe you would like to clarify whether or not your player can support swf files Tantric, cause based on all documentation, it does.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiMC

Also regardless of what you claim jhb50, I can prove YouTube outputs .swf files. If you need evidence, let me know…

Here is 1 example…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWKbfoikeg

URL resolves to this in WireShark…
    http://youtube.com/v/hTWKbfoikeg.swf

Thanks.

iRoNBiLL

zany130
    Participant

Your suppositions are wrong. SWF is a container for generic “multimedia + action scripts and vector grafic”, not a video container like avi, or mkv or….

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWF

The swf file that you resolved with wireshark is the youtube embed flash video player (1.2kb… do you really think that it’s the video?), not the video itself. The player resolve the stream url when you click on the big “PLAY” icon in the center of the “swf clip”. Youtube use http pseudo-streaming or rtsp streaming and stream url are usually like:

http://o-o.preferred.seabone-mil1.v4.lscache4.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?sparams=id,expire,ip,ipbits,itag,source,algorithm,burst,factor,cp&fexp=904531,914043,908445&algorithm=throttle-factor&itag=34&ip=80.0.0.0&burst=40&sver=3&signature=91A5C74453A1CBADE7DD9DDA8046D33F4462A8F4.38C58084F56D4A8124AEE071C97EFE728ECE195F&source=youtube&expire=1327507026&key=yt1&ipbits=8&factor=1.25&cp=U0hRTFVLVV9HUENOMV9NRVlBOlJmVkpSTTc4aWFT&id=1b271612fedc58b9
    cadbusca
    Participant

The file itself has these specs:

General : Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit – YouTube.flv
    Format : Flash Video at 771 Kbps
    Length : 25.5 MiB for 4mn 37s 710ms

Video #0 : AVC
    Aspect : 480 x 360 (1.333) at 23.976 fps

Audio #0 : AAC
    Infos : 2 channels, 44.1 KHz

WhizzBang
    Participant

@ximarx wrote:

Your suppositions are wrong. SWF is a container for generic “multimedia + action scripts and vector grafic”, not a video container like avi, or mkv or….

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWF

The swf file that you resolved with wireshark is the youtube embed flash video player (1.2kb… do you really think that it’s the video?), not the video itself.

Apparently, your not focused on technical support my friend or else you wouldn’t be trying to play “Who’s the bigger geek” with me. 😉

I know what a container is… your argument though is very petty however when it comes to dealing with technical support on a media center… to the users and common people using YOUR GUYS app, they don’t have time or patience to bicker back and forth about how to slice it… they are just look to resolve it, not sword play over what’s what. Try to keep this in mind next time when you read between the lines on a post fellas. You always seemed a bit defensive about helping folks.

Regardless, to keep this short and pretty documentation states you can handle swf…. I’m just asking whether you can do it or not… not to get an education on things I already know about.

If you can do it, cool. If you can’t, whatever… that’s your problem, not mine. I just asked a simple question and instead of getting a simple answer, I got pushback like it was nobodies business.

iRoNBiLL

WhizzBang
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

The file itself has these specs:

General : Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit – YouTube.flv
    Format : Flash Video at 771 Kbps
    Length : 25.5 MiB for 4mn 37s 710ms

Video #0 : AVC
    Aspect : 480 x 360 (1.333) at 23.976 fps

Audio #0 : AAC
    Infos : 2 channels, 44.1 KHz

Again… more irrelevant feedback since I don’t know what you guys support or don’t. A simple yes or no would have been better than trying to argue with me about it. Fine… I’ll re-word the question for you guys since you don’t seem to be able to process questions asked indirectly… 😆

Can WiiMC play flash files from YouTube? If not, then why?

I’m trying to be nice about this and ask a pretty straight forward question that I shouldn’t have to break down for your support staff Tantric, but really man if this is the kind of pushback people can expect when all I was hoping to do was resolve something for one of your users, then I’d like to have another conversation with you in private messaging cause these folks are being a little selfish in the humility department.

iRoNBiLL

rodries
    Keymaster

a) YouTube doesn’t output in SWF
    b) WiiMC fully supports YouTube
    c) The SWFs I’ve tried in WiiMC load and play the audio but not the video. Others may not work at all, I don’t know. So I wouldn’t count on WiiMC supporting SWF.

WhizzBang
    Participant

A direct answer in c)… fair enough… you won’t add on swf support. That’s all I needed to know. The criticisms were unnecessary, but I digress. If YouTube works just fine though in WiiMC, where does it currently work at? And if you aren’t willing to support swf containers, how are you extracting the .flv URL’s from the .swf containers?? Are you externally scraping them or how are you making YouTube work so we can make adjustments on our end.

Also, let’s not debate what YouTube does or does not do… I observe .swf container deliveries and clearly you all are doing something different than we are. Please advise. Thanks Tantric.

iRoNBiLL

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Navi-X’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password