text file support and the such

Home Forums Feature Suggestions text file support and the such

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ninn
    Participant

WIIMC is one of the best apps out there,congrats on your hard work

i was wondering if it would possible for anyone to incorporate text file support and the such. as a guitarist/(wannabe)musician it would help to look at guitar tabs while listening to music, or read some lessons. i’ve tried using some of the apps for text file reading, but they are hardly readable in my TV.since WIIMC has a nice GUI, i was wondering,could it be possible?

NoahJAustin
    Participant

oh try this other project tantric is working on
    http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiXplorer

It can read text files just fine.

If you really want it to be in Wiimc though. Try taking a screen-shot of the file and reading it from there. 😉

Ninn
    Participant

i’ve used that app before and it doesnt work too well with tabs(sometimes it doesnt load completely,it scrolls up automatically,its pretty much impossible to tell what string should be played,etc).the reason im asking for it to be in WIIMC is so that i can look at the tab and listen to the music at the same time.taking a screenshot may work,but some tabs are really long,requiring lots of pics,which if it works,it would be fine,but another thing is that i dont know if it would be readable since you cant zoom in on pictures in WIIMC…..

ArchibaldLeach
    Participant

I teach guitar so I know that 99% of music out there has huge sections that repeat several times.

Screenshots are fine for tabs, trust me on this, you just need to edit them down a bit instead of having the whole thing when you dont really need that to LEARN things. If you play chords then just jot down the structure and chords, if you play lead just do a basic tabs of the diff riffs and of course the structure as well so you know it goes I-IV-V etc.

btw, WiiExplore also handles pdf now as well…because no .txt tabs is ever right (just look at ultimate guitar, 99% of the tabs are wrong), but you can get proper pdfs of band scores etc if you hunt around, then take a screen shot of the relevant sections if you want to use Wiimc for it.

You could also make the tab a .srt file and put the mp3 of the song to a black background avi, but that would take more time than it’s worth…would be cool though 😛

Ninn
    Participant

@Slimmmmmm wrote:

I teach guitar so I know that 99% of music out there has huge sections that repeat several times.

Screenshots are fine for tabs, trust me on this, you just need to edit them down a bit instead of having the whole thing when you dont really need that to LEARN things. If you play chords then just jot down the structure and chords, if you play lead just do a basic tabs of the diff riffs and of course the structure as well so you know it goes I-IV-V etc.

btw, WiiExplore also handles pdf now as well…because no .txt tabs is ever right (just look at ultimate guitar, 99% of the tabs are wrong), but you can get proper pdfs of band scores etc if you hunt around, then take a screen shot of the relevant sections if you want to use Wiimc for it.

You could also make the tab a .srt file and put the mp3 of the song to a black background avi, but that would take more time than it’s worth…would be cool though 😛

thanks for the help.

the screenshot method will help me tons with most music i play(except maybe a joe satriani song lol)…..just 2 questions

,where would i find .pdf files(so that googling it blindly doesnt lead me to the wrong place)?

and how does WIIMC handle how pictures are shown?i’ve tried using screenshots before to take screenshots of scale diagrams…. i cropped them and then loaded them on WIIMC, but it was zoomed out a lot….

Unlichnal
    Participant

The opera browser works GREAT for tab

But PDF support would be nice

xzxero
    Participant

btw: you can zoom with the -/+ buttons and when zoomed in drag the image around by holding a and move the wiimote.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password