The current IOS has been altered (fake-signed)

Home Forums Help and Support The current IOS has been altered (fake-signed)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bourndead
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I am using sysmenu 4.1, homebrew channel 1.0.8, wiimc 1.0.9, and I used the channel installer 1.4. Whenever I go to load WiiMC from the channel, I get the following error message just after loading.

The current IOS has been altered (fake-signed). Functionality and/or stability may be adversely affected

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks for any help!
    Metropolis

bourndead
    Participant

bump

rodries
    Keymaster

Install a virgin IOS58.

bourndead
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Tantric,

I tried installing IOS58 through the homebrew installer. It gets all the way to the end and then says “Installation failed!”. Do I need to delete that IOS and start over (and if so how do I do that)? Can I just do a system menu update to version 4.3 to fix it?

I am still learning about how to do this stuff and I do not want to mess anything up so Im trying to take my time with it. Thanks for your help!

rodries
    Keymaster

I don’t suggest updating to 4.3. The IOS58 Installer will fail if you’ve installed previously a modified version, try deleting the old one.

bourndead
    Participant

Im sorry, but I have never “deleted” an IOS. Should I do that from the multi-mod-manager? I just do not want to brick any of the IOS’s, and I do not understand enough about this stuff to know how to do this.

I have read mixed thoughts on deleting IOS’s, some people think you should never do it, and others say its ok as long as your NAND is backed up.

Also, why do you not recommend updating to system menu 4.3? It is possible to put homebrew on it now, so why not?

Thanks for your help!
    Metropolis

bourndead
    Participant

bump

LoTeK
    Participant

use any title deleter, never give’s me any problems 😉

bourndead
    Participant

Awesome thanks for the suggestion! 🙂

Worked great! I deleted IOS58 using AnyTitle Deleter (which gave me an error that seems to not be a problem) and then I installed IOS58 again with no problems.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password