Torrent

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Torrent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mattyoung1979
    Participant

It’s just e thought, but a lot of mediacenters you buy, have torrent-support and can download torrents to the hd.

Would this be possible?

rodries
    Keymaster

No.

Matoking
    Participant

@hdefloor wrote:

It’s just e thought, but a lot of mediacenters you buy, have torrent-support and can download torrents to the hd.

Would this be possible?

Just setup transmission on a small computer and turn on the web interface. At that point you can use the internet channel to view and control your torrents. That is what I do.

Might I recommend a WD MyBook World Edition. It is a two disk raid device, normally in the sub $200 range, that can be hacked to run things like transmission. See [http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/hacks-and-howto]

mattyoung1979
    Participant

Thx! I will try it!!

kiddroddy
    Participant

As far as i know many torrent clients (at least transmission, utorrent) have a RPC interface (over http but not just a WebUI for browsers). Is it a quite bad idea to have ability to control them from inside WiiMC interface? Currently to check what happening with my torrents i need to turn off WiiMC, open Opera and then click on bookmark, it is so damnably..

hello2000
    Participant

I think that any kind of torrent downloader or torrent client control over WiiMC makes no sense. WiiMC is a media player, not a download manager.
    It’d be interesting to have a full featured downloader with torrent support on the homebrew scene, as a standalone app, but that’s not a discussion for this forum.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Although it does not deal with torrents, VLCShares does have JDownloader support.

p.xoni
    Participant

Your computer is on all the time. The Wii is not. It makes sense to me to have the PC as your downloader computer as you don’t want to interupt your torrent downloads, and leave them on as long as possible.

cadbusca
    Participant

Actually, building on a set of scripts provided by and thanks to “gorgel” for giving me the idea, I have just finished building a php app called “Torrents+” which integrates with and is driven by WIIMC using my additional mods. It requires the availability of a php server on your pc just like VLC-Shares and my previous “YouTube+” application.

“Torrents+” gives full access to lists of the newest, most popular and recently uploaded movies, access to info about any of those movies using the WIIMC menus, including text description, trailer viewing and film bibliograpies of the cast, plus the option to review the HD and SD torrents and subtitles available for that movie, and the option to initiate and control their download to a shared folder on your PC as required, from where you may watch them on your WII. Quite a mouthful!

It brings a whole new dimension to WIIMC and to the selection, acquisition and viewing of movies all from your easy chair using just the TV and your Wiimote!

I’ll be including “Torrents+” in the next distribution of my WIIMC modifications.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password