trouble connecting to a true SMB share

Home Forums Help and Support trouble connecting to a true SMB share

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    afreak
    Participant

First i love wiimc works great, good work guys. I have networking with smb working fine to my windows boxes. I am trying to connect to my asus router with usb enabled running tomato. The smb share on the router works fine from the windows boxes but not from wiimc. I also tried to connect using mplayerce .76 and it did not work. I have read a couple of posts online that mplayerce .72 works but that newer version have my same issue but I can’t find a resolution posted.

Is there a change I can make in my smb.conf that would work? Or in wiimc? I have made a few edits to my smb.conf like to turn off encrypt passwords but still nothing. I did connect to an smb share on liux box and that worked ok. I compared the smb.conf files and nothing stood out.

Please help with any thoughts or ideas.

afreak
    Participant

I wanted to add that I have now installed mplayerce .72 and it will connect to the tomato smb share with no issues. Does anyone know what is different about .72 vs newer versions and wiimc? I am sure this is the key.

afreak
    Participant

more detail if anyone care to help. The tomato smb.conf has security = user the linux smb.conf (that works) is set to security = domain. I tried to change to security = share and can save the smb.conf but it seems that tomato will over write the smb.conf file with a router restart and I can not restart samba alone. Please help I would sure like to get this last piece working.

afreak
    Participant

no one has any ideas?

cadbusca
    Participant

Since it works with .72 why not report it as a bug. “Contribute/Report a bug”. Tantric has been knocking them off everyday!

afreak
    Participant

I think this must truely be a bug in wiimc. I found out how to change smb.conf in tomato without over writing the settings and nothing solves it. Changes to security = share, domain, user. adding authenticated users etc.

afreak
    Participant

just thought I would mention that wiimc will connect fine to an ftp share in tomato in case anyone wants a work around.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password