Trouble connecting to network – but only sometimes

Home Forums Help and Support Trouble connecting to network – but only sometimes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    potnazi
    Participant

This isn’t specifically a WiiMC problem, but WiiMC is certainly affected by it, and I’m hoping someone will take pity on me enough to help me out.

I’ve got wireless network sharing set up between WiiMC and my (Windows 7) PC. Usually it works fine, but sometimes when trying to connect, WiiMC throws up a “cannot initialize network” error, along with either error code #-116 or #-16. Going to the Wii’s settings and doing a connection test (or connecting to the internet in game or through the Internet and Shop channels) works fine. Rebooting my Wii/my wireless router has no effect. The only way I’ve found of fixing the issue is simply to leave it for 30 minutes or so and then try again.

I’ve worked out that this isn’t just an issue in WiiMC – when I’m having the problem then other homebrew applications such as the Homebrew Browser also cannot connect. The connection icon in the bottom-right of the Homebrew Channel flashes but never turns solid.

I think that it must be an issue with my router, since I’ve never had the problem at home (I am at University at the moment). I’ve tried tinkering with all sorts of settings on the router, such as giving both my PC and my Wii fixed IP addresses, but the problem persists.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be incredibly grateful!

cadbusca
    Participant

I have had a similar problem. At first it was because I loaded WIIMC before the Homebrew Network Icon stopped blinking. Then I found the sometimes even if I waited for it to stop blinking, it would keep blinking. And my only solution solution was to turn the router off and restart even though my laptop never lost its connection. Then came a day when resetting the router did no good, so I thought someone nearby has installed wireless on the same channel as me. (I have a lot of neighbor routers nearby) But I ran Inssider and found that my channel 11 was clear.
    Then I used my W7 PC Network Icon and disconnected from PC from my router and found that when scanning for networks that my router did not always appear, which indicated a weak signal, and even though the PC did not disconnect it seemed that the WII did. So I switched to channel 9 and I have had no problems since.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password