ULTIMATE solution to Video Crashes (not SMB, just USB HD)

Home Forums Help and Support ULTIMATE solution to Video Crashes (not SMB, just USB HD)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gary_w
    Participant

Yeap. I have been a year suffering Wiimc crashes. A whole year. About 30% of times my HD viedos worked, and I had to try again and again with a video before it actually worked. I had to resign to use the channel, cause it was worse… i used hbc to get in. There were some videos where the chances were higher (about 75% time worked) and i used them because, once you could make a video work, i worked always until wiimc was shut down. Many of you know how this is.

Anyhow, this has been my ULTIMATE solution for playing HD videos without a single crash. After a year of trying EVERYTHING.

* Install (again, I always had hbc under ios58) ios58 from scratch.
    * Install fresh wiimc. Does not matter version.
    * Install channel.
    * Enjoy.

Not a single crash since. Weeks ago (I have waited because it was hard to believe i finally found a solution).

For some reason, ios58 was not good… That was the secret.

Thanks Tantric. I can enjoy wiimc 100% fron now on. Hope this helps.

cadbusca
    Participant

So you had a lousy install. What’s that got to do with “not SMB, just USB HD”? And BTW, WIIMC and the WII only support SD video not HD as your note implies.

gary_w
    Participant

I try to be constructive, do not treat me like an assho*e.

Yes, i had a lousy install, but it turns out that for a year, nobody told me in this forum or any other: “hey, try reinstalling your ios58 to solve the crashes”. Everyone was saying “modify this config file, reinstall wiimc, try another hard disk, defrag”… etc. That is the difference. I would have love to see a post like mine a year ago.

And, HD is hard disk as well, in this case is not High definition. And about SMB it means there are a lot of SMB crashes here, so i wanted to make the difference: my crashes were in local.

Thank you.

cadbusca
    Participant

I cannot find any posting history for you (guess you lost your id) so I can’t see what symptoms you reported over the past year, but I seems unreasonable to have expected someone to tell you to reinstall IOS58 when there are many ways that WIIMC can fail. From others posts it seems this is a rare occurance.

Anyway thanks for confirming that your problem and solution had nothing to do with SMB or USB, and for your future reference HDD is the correct form for “Hard disk drive”.

p.xoni
    Participant

Actually in the general technical support area of WiiMC (nothing to do with the forums), it states very clearly that you need a stable install of IOS58. You should have gone there FIRST for the tech needs before you hit the forums. Sounds like you did the standard “male” thing we always do, NEVER READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST. 🙄 Been there, done that.

Anyways, good to see your WiiMC is working stably, oh and don’t take the previous retort by jhb50 personally, hey we all bungle things up and that included you, me and the guy next door 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password