Unable to initialize MPlayer?

Home Forums Help and Support Unable to initialize MPlayer?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    matbonucci
    Participant

I have searched and searched but haven’t found any solution to this…
    This is the message I get the moment WiiMC loads up on my Wii:

Unable to initialize MPlayer
    Unable to change path to sd1:/apps/wiimc

I have installed the WiiMC IOS202… I’ve tested all versions (1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2 and 1.0.3) – all give the same error the instant they start 🙁

Does anyone know how to fix this? I’ve gotta feeling that it’s something damn simple… :-/

Except for WiiMC, I have Mplayer-CE and GeeXboX on my SD, they both load up fine…

I’ll appreciate any help! Cheers!

rodries
    Keymaster

It means just what it says, on the surface at least. It found your SD card, then tried to change to the directory apps/wiimc, and failed. The simplest explanation would be if that directory didn’t exist. Another could be the card filesystem is corrupt – run chkdsk. Otherwise, I’m not sure.

matbonucci
    Participant

So, it means that it can’t read the folder… Sorry, I didn’t understand that 😳

Chkdsk – no errors.

My card was FAT16… I reformatted to FAT32 and now it loads and works perfect 😀

Thank you for the guidance and for this wonderful app!
    Cheers!

nukeon
    Participant

I have this same error and reformating to Fat32 didn’t work. Anybody have a solution?

Wii 4.2
    WiiMC IOS 202 Installed
    Launch from HBC
    Micro sd 512mb with sd Adapter

Lapydydaywhok
    Participant

I have the same issue and all my other files on the sd card work except WiiMC in Homebrew.

jasonvw
    Participant

I had the same problem and solved it, didn’t require me to install anything or reformat my sd card. I stupidly left the sd card on protected so Wiimc couldn’t do what it needed to to.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password