Universal Volume Control

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Universal Volume Control

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    straps
    Participant

Hi developers. Could you please reconsider making the control for the volume universal across all of the playback options? I realise this conflicts with the playlisting functions, but the ability to change the volume without pointing the wiimote at the screen makes, I think, even more sense for audio playback than video, as I will often be playing music or streaming a radio station while not in front of the TV, i.e having it running in the background. I’m sure many Wiimc users do the same. I realise this is possible with the Plus edition, but I really prefer the simplicity and speed of the standard. Thanks for at least reading this. Adam.

cadbusca
    Participant

Adam, you should experience the same simplicity amd speed of WIIMC with the WIIMC+ Enhancement Pack, if you do not enable the enhanced options, or use those features that are there by default. Simply leave all the enhanced settings off and use the Universal Volume, and I’d suggest the Remote Music Mode that are on by default.

straps
    Participant

Hi jhb50. I found that with the Plus version, my list of files (in video mode) populated much slower, and my wifi streaming was adversely affected. Maybe something was wrong with my build? This was a few versions back btw.

cadbusca
    Participant

It sounds like you were comparing apples to oranges.

The time to populate a directory listing is dependent on the number of files in the directory and on the size of the restore_points file. Both WIIMC and WIIMC+ will compare each file name in the directory to those in the restore_points file. So given the same directory and the same 50 entry restore_point file(the WIIMC max) the load time should be the same.

WIIMC+ however gives you options to use more than 50 entries if you wish (in blocks of 50) to a maximum of 500. This allows you to limit the performance impact as documented. It also allows you to compare on just the filename rather than the full path so that files may be moved without impacting the restore_points data, but both of these features will increase the load time if you use them, so make sure they are turned off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password