Update for WIIMC+V14D

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements WiiMC+ Enhancement Pack Update for WIIMC+V14D

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cadbusca
    Participant

Based on further testing I have improved the extract of the YouTube link, because the V14C method may fail.
    Again, just replace the old boot.dol with the attached.

Slopefefe
    Participant

(jhb50) There seems to be a problem in the YouTubePlaylist.php and YouTubePlaylistSearch.php scripts in youtubeplus. The playlist search seems to be searching/scraping and listing the found playlist feed fine, but once you click on a playlist to view it i get the following return message “No Response from Server – It may be offline”. Sometimes it gives me “playlist might be empty” depending on the search. What is weird is that some search strings work just fine while others do not.

As for the get playlist script i have tried using the playlist id code as described in your instructions (ie: 16 chr.) and also get the same error message. Im sure it’s just a problem with the extraction/parse process not returning a valid video url, but im by no means an authority on php. ;x Are you currently experiencing any problems with your youtube playlist functions? Feedback would be much appreciated.

In addition to these scripts having trouble i have also noticed the get youtube user uploads and playlists functions are also in need of some re-tuning. Im still lovin the enhancement pack btw regardless of the aformentioned issues. There is alot of love put into these patches and the amount of expansion and detail is just awesome.

Would it be possible to incorporate a duration filter? (ie: If you search a string from the youtube website and follow the query with “, long” it will sort the results by duration descending longest to shortest.) Doing this in wiimc does not seem to return the results the same way. Just an idea..

cadbusca
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately that’s the way the youtube playlist api works. It returns all matching playlists in a search without any indication of validity , and then if the selected or entered playlist or is either “private” or “unknown” it rejects the request and returns no data, resulting in the WIIMC+ messages you are getting.

You can verify this as follows. In a browser issue http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and youtube will tell you if its “private” or “unknown”, then issue the api request http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/playlists/PLxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. If it is “private” you will get a 403 website declined to show this page error, and if it is “unknown” you will get a 404 page unknown error.

re: “user uploads and playlists functions are also in need of some re-tuning” Could you expand on this?

re: “duration filter”, it not supported by the api.

DrewKrewUK
    Participant

Hello

I have been trying to send pm to get enhancement pack but for some reason i dont think its sending the pm so could you send it to me at tf2junkie@yahoo.com

Slopefefe
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

Unfortunately that’s the way the youtube playlist api works. It returns all matching playlists in a search without any indication of validity , and then if the selected or entered playlist or is either “private” or “unknown” it rejects the request and returns no data, resulting in the WIIMC+ messages you are getting.

Well said. That makes sense and explains the variable results i was having. Thanks for taking the time.
    @jhb50 wrote:

re: “user uploads and playlists functions are also in need of some re-tuning” Could you expand on this?

Im thinking this must also be correlated to the validity problem as described above. I must have been trying a bunch of private/unknown user videos and lists. I will continue to test on this further keeping the aspect of permissions in mind.
    @jhb50 wrote:

re: “duration filter”, it not supported by the api.

Shit. Well that sucks. After doing some research i see that it is supported in the api, but only for playlist feeds and not video feeds. Instead of relying on the api to do the sorting could you instead take advantage of the or tags in the feed itself? This would be a great addition for Settings > Sort, Save & Display not to mention a nice workaround. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘WiiMC+ Enhancement Pack’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password