USB drive not detected

Home Forums Help and Support USB drive not detected

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kiptanoi
    Participant

Hey guys,
    Yesterday I had a Wii running homebrew channel and bootmii all via the Twilight hack. Hooked up to this I have an 80gig USB drive in a generic Vantec enclosure, formatted to FAT32. WiiMC worked fine with this drive from within the homebrew channel, however I decided that to make things easier for my girlfriend to use, I’d remove bootmii, install IOS202 and the WiiMC channel.

The IOS202 installer couldn’t find anything suitable to work with, so it directed me to use dop-mii, which went fine – IOS36 with fakesigning went in without a problem. Then IOS202 installed fine, and then the WiiMC channel installed fine too. So far, so good.

Unfortunately now when I fire up WiiMC (from either its own channel or from within the homebrew channel), I notice that all the config settings used from before the IOS up/down/sidegrades remain, but only SD and DVD show up as source options – no USB.

The drive is detected by lsusb, and works fine in geexbox. Any thoughts? Have I installed things wrong or missed a step or something? Thanks in advance!

DeadlyRobots
    Participant

assuming usb is in port 0 and not port 1, make sure the connections are good and try again? not really sure otherwise.

kiptanoi
    Participant

Got home from work and tried both ports on the Wii to no avail. The usb cable has one of those pass-through dongles on the end of the cable, and I figured it wouldn’t matter given that the drive worked fine before without it, and worked fine without it in both lsusb and geexbox, but I decided in the “humour me” department to plug it in through the pass-through connector and voila!

Strange, very strange. But, crisis averted 🙂

DeadlyRobots
    Participant

i have noticed issues using simple hubs, I have a small usb hub i got to use with my rock band kit and it won’t let me use usb drives through it. I suppose the address changes slightly and is no longer port 0. I believe the new release will allow you to use port 1 as well, but for now port 0, the port closest to the left side when standing up, is the only port it recognizes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password