USB HDD local computer SMB share issue

Home Forums Help and Support USB HDD local computer SMB share issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    horssimagubaka
    Participant

So I have been fighting Wiimc and windows 7 x64 SMB shares for days. After using registry fixes, GPO policies, removing updates, disabling firewall/AV, removing apps like windows live, and setting all the settings I still had no joy. Next I used wireshark, I seen that I was getting an out of memory error that was stopping the connection. After some research, I tried just one file in a folder, it worked. It just happened to be on another hard drive. So I tried the same thing with the hard drive I use to share my files with. It did not work. I found smb shared folders works well on all the hard drives installed on a SATA port in the pc, but not for the SATA hard drive I have hooked up in an external enclosure using usb. Anyone know why?

First time playing with wireshark, i’m still learning it.

bobnabob
    Participant

IT probally depends on how you are sharing it.Are you sharing the drive as a whole or just certian folders inside,try both.I have found sometimes its better to NOT use the homegroup and to use the advanced sharing under properties.This way you can name the Share whatever you want to..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password