USB Hub Compatibility

Home Forums Feature Suggestions USB Hub Compatibility

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys,

First let me say i absolutely love WiiMC and no longer watch video files on my PC because of this great program. I am new to this forum and therefore not sure if i am posting in the correct location so please feel free to move this.

I would like to be able to use WiiMC with a USB hub plugged into my Wii. I have tested a powered hub in the usb port previously but WiiMC did not detect the drive. My reasoning for this is i have two drives that i use. One hard drive i have tv series backed up onto it and i also use a usb flash drive for newer shows. I therefore have to remove one or the other depending on what i want to watch.

This is not a massive deal but would be more convenient. The wii already supports usb hubs according to Nintendo’s support page so hopefully this is something you could look into, thanks.

wii_about_guide
    Participant

The cIOS USB 2.0 module does not support hubs. In fact, the only thing it does support is Mass Storage Devices because they (as in Waninkoko and Hermes) only partially implemented the USB stack. That’s why you can only use one port. If they allowed you to use both ports you would break support for any USB instruments or anything else that uses USB (although why it couldn’t be implemented for a homebrew-only IOS slot like 202 I don’t know…)

wii_about_guide
    Participant

Well, now that WiiMC uses IOS58, hubs *might* work, but I haven’t tried it. However, it seems to still only support 1 drive at a time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password