Version 1.07 to 1.0.9 – Cannot read USB Drive

Home Forums Help and Support Version 1.07 to 1.0.9 – Cannot read USB Drive

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    saVTRonic
    Participant

Ever since the update from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7, my flash drive won’t be read whenever i run WiiMC. Even with the latest update to 1.0.9, WiiMC still hasn’t been able to load it, even while using the the new 1.4 Channel installer. I have also installed IOS 58. When running through the channel, it says I am running IOS 58, and when I run it through HBC, it says I’m running IOS 61. So far, 1.0.6 still detects the flash drive. Any help is appreciated.

lowell
    Participant

space1ord
    Participant

@Axel Ryman: If WiiMC is running under IOS 61 then your HBC also does. If you want to boot HBC and WiMC in IOS 58 you have to reinstall HBC. But this will probably not solve your problem.

Malart
    Participant

@Axel Ryman wrote:

Ever since the update from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7, my flash drive won’t be read whenever i run WiiMC. Even with the latest update to 1.0.9, WiiMC still hasn’t been able to load it, even while using the the new 1.4 Channel installer. I have also installed IOS 58. When running through the channel, it says I am running IOS 58, and when I run it through HBC, it says I’m running IOS 61. So far, 1.0.6 still detects the flash drive. Any help is appreciated.

I had the same problem. As he had done an upgrade of HBC automatically without the IOS58, had this difference of IOS.
    I solved the problem as follows:

1 – uninstalled WiiMC with WiiMC Channel Installer. Then cut off the two programs still using the HBC (not eliminated by using the PC)

2 – with the SD card on the PC, I copied the folders “WiiMC Channel Installer 1.4” and “WiiMC” 1.0.9 new install) to the folder “apps, e o IOS58_Installer

3 – In the HBC Run IOS58_Installer, is safe!

4 – used HackMii Installer v0.8, and installed again HBC

5 – installed WiiMC channel

Now everything perfect, WiiMC recognizes USB HDD in the two slots and I have two HDD connected at the same time, ISO games and Date
    No more different IOS, IOS58 all

excuse my English

Tristar
    Participant

@vitor01 wrote:

I had the same problem. As he had done an upgrade of HBC automatically without the IOS58, had this difference of IOS.
    I solved the problem as follows:

1 – uninstalled WiiMC with WiiMC Channel Installer. Then cut off the two programs still using the HBC (not eliminated by using the PC)

2 – with the SD card on the PC, I copied the folders “WiiMC Channel Installer 1.4” and “WiiMC” 1.0.9 new install) to the folder “apps, e o IOS58_Installer

3 – In the HBC Run IOS58_Installer, is safe!

4 – used HackMii Installer v0.8, and installed again HBC

5 – installed WiiMC channel

Now everything perfect, WiiMC recognizes USB HDD in the two slots and I have two HDD connected at the same time, ISO games and Date
    No more different IOS, IOS58 all

excuse my English

This exactly solved my problem. Thanks dude!. I was not aware that if one just updates the HBC and install Ios58 afterwards that HBC will not use it. So, after correcting this using your step-by-step approach I finally managed to use my HD. Good job!

space1ord
    Participant

@tantric:
    I think I have found a bug in source file ‘fileop.cpp’ in Function ‘void MountAllDevices(), line 796, rev. 482’:
    Should it not be

else if(!isInserted[DEVICE_USB])
    {
    Remount(DEVICE_USB, SILENT);
    }

instead of

else if(!isInserted[DEVICE_SD])
    {
    Remount(DEVICE_USB, SILENT);
    }

But unfortunately this not fixes my problem, that my hdd is only found randomly if I start WiiMC thru HBC or wiiload.

rodries
    Keymaster

No, that’s not a bug. It’s saying, if SD wasn’t mounted and USB wasn’t mounted, then try to remount USB for 10 seconds before finally giving up (and saying “Cannot find an SD/USB device”)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password