video audio synch problems

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares video audio synch problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    arrozcon
    Participant

Hi ximarx,

Awesome piece of software!

I am having trouble streaming HD .mp4 files from my local server.
    The audio plays correctly, but the video plays at 2x or 3x speed.

Do you think this could be a problem with my server not being able to transcode the video on the fly, or are there any settings I could try tweaking?

Thanks in advance!

zany130
    Participant

@tussinhead wrote:

this could be a problem with my server not being able to transcode the video on the fly

Try to append “,audio-sync” inside the transcoding profile you use.

For example, if you use HQ profile (the default one for wiimc streaming), change the vlc-arg from

transcode{venc=ffmpeg,vcodec=mp2v,vb=4000,scale=.5,width=640,fps=25,acodec=a52,ab=384,channels=6,samplerate=48000,soverlay}

to

transcode{venc=ffmpeg,vcodec=mp2v,vb=4000,scale=.5,width=640,fps=25,acodec=a52,ab=384,channels=6,samplerate=48000,soverlay,audio-sync}

let me know if this work please

arrozcon
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply!

I tried it with the AVC/AAC profile, as that is the kind of file I’m trying to play, but it had no effect.
    The files play back fine on my PC using VLC.
    Any other suggestions?

zany130
    Participant

Playback is different from transcoding. Anyway, if you are on linux audio-synch has no effect and desych problems are related to alsa problems. Vlc forum is full of This kind of threads.

cadbusca
    Participant

I don’t know if this applies to your problem, but I was watching the Tennis Channel live stream last night, and the announcers lips were way out of sync with the video. Using the dynamic Audio Delay feature of WIIMC+, I was able to adjust the delay in real time and watch as the lips came into sync at +0.5 seconds.

The only thing I’ve been unable to fix is playing AVC files directly on the WII with width > 720, where the video plays successively slower than the normal speed audio so the delay is constantly increasing. No fix for this because the WII just does not have the power to decode the AVC at normal speed. This should not apply to transcoded video so long as you have not changed the profile to generate an AVC stream in place of the standard MPEG stream.

arrozcon
    Participant

ximarx: No, I’m on Windows. Maybe my PC just doesn’t have the power to transcode the video?

zany130
    Participant

Maybe

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password