video file playback quality

Home Forums Help and Support video file playback quality

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Achelos
    Participant

hello there, its rob here, hope all is well?

I’m sorry to bother but I just want to find out if my wiimc is working correctly if someone wouldn’t mind answering a question I have?

I have a 4.3e Wii and when playing AVI files, don’t get me wrong the picture is watchable but it is not quite DVD quality, its a sort of blurry or blotchy type of picture (cartoony maybe sometimes), not completely clear anyway, so what I want to know is if it is normal for wiimc to be producing that type of quality of picture or is there something I can do to improve it.

Thank You in advance for your time on my query, I just wanted to know to settle my mind

Regards

potnazi
    Participant

Most AVI files downloaded from the internet aren’t DVD quality. You notice it more when it’s on a TV rather than a computer screen because it’s blown up to a bigger size.

rodries
    Keymaster

Also, it depends on how you have Wii hooked up – composite or component. I get excellent picture quality out of WiiMC – even if it isn’t HD.

Achelos
    Participant

Thankyou everyone for your input, by the way tantric, is your wii hooked up through component (is that RGB?) then? is the quality better through RGB at all and do i need a seperate lead for the audio?

Achelos
    Participant

ignore what i said about the audio, just looked at a component cable for wii and noticed the audio leads a already part of it so i’ve covered that, any other comments are welcome and very much appreciated……..Thank you

Achelos
    Participant

Well I’ve now purchased a component cable and there is a considerable improvement so all is good and I must say thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘video file playback quality’ is closed to new replies.

Login

Lost Password