Video Mode: Assign functions to d-pad controls

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Video Mode: Assign functions to d-pad controls

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Mplayer-CE made good use of the control pad’s up, down, left & right directions – you could jump back or forward 5-minutes at a time using one axis, and skip 30-seconds in either direction using the other axis.

I was surprised to not see this carried over to WiiMC, but do realize that we can now jump around in a video using the onscreen playback control bar.

It’s a shame as WiiMC allows us to adjust the skip time to our own liking, and while a 30-second (or 5-minute, or other ‘large’ value) jump is frequently useful, I’d hoped to also add a 5 or 10-second skip so if I missed something or misheard something I could quickly see it/hear it again. (Same request was made by another user in post here – they were told that the skip-length option currently only allows for 30-second increments anyhow; this would not be changed).

Reading these forums and the documentation on Wiibrew, I see that UP is now assigned to “switch subs” (ie: rotate through available subs in case multi-language sub files are present). I see that DOWN is assigned to “Switch Audio Stream”. Unfortunately, I have to say that I can’t foresee that I’ll ever have any need to use either feature, and think that there’ll be plenty of others saying the same thing.

So, to keep everyone happy, what’d be super would be if we could assign functions to the D-pad controls.

If it’d be easier, even a pre-configured “Layout-1″(skip & switch),”Layout-2″(skip & jump) option would be quite acceptable.

rodries
    Keymaster

I’ve added a greater range of seek times in the config:

5, 15, 30, 60, 180, 300, 600, 1200 sec

Pap
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

I’ve added a greater range of seek times in the config:

5, 15, 30, 60, 180, 300, 600, 1200 sec

Thanks, that’s much more helpful than what pista said.

axgarr
    Participant

@FreudianLemur wrote:

Is difficult to know in advance what will be developed…
    I try to understand in advance what develope tantric…
    And the crystall ball not yet been given 😉

rodries
    Keymaster

I don’t have a crystal ball either. Usually pista is right about what will and won’t be done in the near future though.

Pap
    Participant

@pista wrote:

@FreudianLemur wrote:

Is difficult to know in advance what will be developed…
    I try to understand in advance what develope tantric…
    And the crystall ball not yet been given 😉

Don’t worry, I’m not saying you were wrong, it was just funny that in my thread you just repeated back to me what I already knew.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Video Mode: Assign functions to d-pad controls’ is closed to new replies.

Login

Lost Password