Video playlists

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mackreturn
    Participant

Hey There,

Just wondering why, that the functionality of the Music playlist system, cannot be carried over to the Video playlist side of things.

In the “Music” tab, you can browse your files and press the “+” to add them to the playlist. Once you have finished adding all files you can press the “playlist” button, set the playback to “shuffle” and press “play” and walk away.
    With the enhancement pack you now even have the ability to save this playlist.

EASY!

Yet,
    On the “Movies” you need to create a playlist (using other software) and once loaded in WiiMC+ it simply acts as a list of your videos, with no options to toggle the play mode (e.g. Shuffle). We have the ability to shuffle the files within the playlist and re-save the playlist file, but the shuffle remains fixed inside the playlist instead of being truly dynamic randomization.

Duplicating the playlist functionality within the “Music” tab, and enabling the same sort of functionality within the “Movies” tab would become a great new feature.

Any feedback would be appreciated,

Cheers,

cadbusca
    Participant

Good observation. Just not much use for most people when movies are usually hours long.

mackreturn
    Participant

I have seen numerous posts in the forums from people wishing to be able to randomly play videos within a folder. I recall seeing one regarding Cartoons or children’s programs. I also have many music videos stored on a N.A.S, it would be fantastic to be able to randomize the order in which the music videos are played (think of it like a Video Jukebox while at a party).

Do you think there is any chance of this being implemented?

cadbusca
    Participant

Too complex to do like Music, but probably could be done as an Option of AutoplayNext Video..instead of off/on it would be off/ordered/random and you would have to set it via settings.

mackreturn
    Participant

OK, sure, Good thinking jhb!
    I certainly am not a coder / programmer, but I assumed that duplicating the playlist functionality, would almost be as easy as a simple cut and paste of some code.
    Maybe you’re idea of “Option of AutoplayNext Video” would be easier to implement.
    Hope to see something along these lines implemented soon.

Thanks for the info jhb!

Alebrescia
    Participant

>… I assumed that duplicating the playlist functionality, would almost be as easy as a simple cut and paste of some >code.
    >Maybe you’re idea of “Option of AutoplayNext Video” would be easier to implement.

By the way: I’d be very interested in using the “autoplay next” for audio, too.
    With or without a random option. Playlists are great, but just for playing all songs
    of an album inside one directory they seem a little bit clumsy.
    Or am I missing something? WiiMC doesn’t have this option and from what I’ve read neither
    WiiMC+ seems to have it.

cadbusca
    Participant

The music player has 4 options ..single, continuous, shuffle and through…see WIIMC documentation.

Alebrescia
    Participant

Thanks for your answer, but according to my experience and the documentation these options only work for playlists, not for files in a directory.

cadbusca
    Participant

Yes, they work for the “internal music player playlist”, which is created when you select external playlists or files or directories, or with WIIMC+ even saved “internal music player playlists”. Just click + (or 2 with WIIMC+ option) on the files or the directory that you want to play then open the internal “music player playlist”, and select the mode or preset it in the music settings.

mackreturn
    Participant

Glad to see the option has been implemented in the v13 release.
    Love ya work jhb50!

cadbusca
    Participant

Yes, the AutoPlayNextVideo option now provides “Through” and “Shuffle” options, so music video and cartoon collections can be played sequentially or randomly. This also really enhances the Jukebox mode so that the playback of preset collections is always different. Keeps the kids happy for hours!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘WiiMC+ Enhancement Pack’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password