Videos always crash

Home Forums Help and Support Videos always crash

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, I’m very new to these forums and wiimc. I always have lots of issues with videos.

Everytime I play a video from FTP, USB or DVD it will play for about 10 min and then glitch up and freeze everytime. Is there a fix for this? By the way, I upgraded to 1.1.4.

Thanks,
    Luger

macuquinho
    Participant

What formats do you usually use? What is the resolution of the videos? Have you tried watching a video from the memory card, to isolate all the factors?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Most are avi, some are wmv and some are .mp4. I don’t know what resolution though. No, I haven’t put any on a memory card. Thanks for replying.

🙂@ricardoho wrote:

What formats do you usually use? What is the resolution of the videos? Have you tried watching a video from the memory card, to isolate all the factors?

Skwiigo
    Participant

I am also having this issue. I’ve watched .avi and .mkv files since I’ve installed WiiMC and both types freeze after about 5-10 minutes into watching them.

cadbusca
    Participant

Its not a WIIMC problem. I watch 2 hour videos all the time without problems. If you are accessing them via SMB then you should look for network problems. Try the same video from an SD card and see if it plays thru to verify this.

Skwiigo
    Participant

I’m playing them on an external USB HDD. This is the second USB drive I’ve tried it with, too. The first one had the same issue. I haven’t tried smb yet. My video just stops, but the file keeps playing. Then the app freezes while the file is playing and I have to power down the Wii.

cadbusca
    Participant

So try one from the SD card! Then run the USB tests as at the top of the forum.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password