VLC shares 0.5.4 – QNAP

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares VLC shares 0.5.4 – QNAP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Amerzel
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to install vlc-shares on a QNAP SOHO.
    I have tried 0.5.3 quickly and though I haven’t tried the real streaming I was able to get the site working fine.
    Then I upgraded to 0.5.4 and whenever I go to the web user interface, the site is not translated for some reason Screenshot attached. Running out of ideas why – and seeking for help.
    (tried reverting to 0.5.3 and it works well)

For information, my domain is protected by a simple htpasswd – don’t know if that could be linked.
    Thanks,
    PyB

zany130
    Participant

How did you do the upgrade 0.5.3 -> 0.5.4?

Amerzel
    Participant

I did tried 2 ways:

– Unzipping the 0.5.4 on top of 0.5.3 which prooved to be unsuccessful
    – Removing the 0.5.3 version and putting the 0.5.4 version – unsuccessful as well.

PyB

zany130
    Participant

Which language do you selected?

Amerzel
    Participant

Tried English and Spanish – with both had the same problem.

zany130
    Participant
    Amerzel
    Participant

I would very much like to provide as much information as possible. If you could just help me listing the kinda that would be helpful for you. Once again I haven’t tested the real streaming yet as I want to understand why the translation of the UI fails.

Just did go the Test page with full debug – and that generated the log below. hope it helps.

PyB

PS / Btw, just figured out that the Test page is the only one that gets well translated … don’t know why. all the others are not

Edit by ximarx: do not paste your log here. Attach it as a file or open a new ticket in the project tracker (and attach it there)

Created a ticket and attached logs:
    https://code.google.com/p/vlc-shares/issues/detail?id=22

zany130
    Participant

The log is useless. Unfortunately no useful info into it. Start installing vlc-shares again from scratch (download the tarball again, maybe your download is corrupted). If you still get this kind of error, add me in gtalk or msn. It’s faster discuss about this over there.

Test page is correctly translated because it’s the only page without translation: is hardcoded into english 😀

Amerzel
    Participant

Thanks at least for your reactiveness – I’ll give it another try tonight when I reach home

Being a software guy – nice to see that there is a ‘logic’ explanation to having the Test page correctly displayed – ha ha :p

Amerzel
    Participant

Tried again from scratch tonight still same behavior.

zany130
    Participant
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password