vlc-shares-v0.5.4 won’t spawn new vlc-v2.0.1

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares vlc-shares-v0.5.4 won’t spawn new vlc-v2.0.1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bobnabob
    Participant

Hi,I have vlc-shares 0.5.4 installed on win7x32.and vlc player 2.0.1.Everytime i click to start stream in wiimc a dialog comes up on server saying that the app has crashed,do you want to send info to vlc.alomost like the older versions done when you tried to open a bad file.i reverted back to vlc-v1.1.4 and it started working fine again.didn’t know if this is a bug or if vlc-shares isn’t supported by the newest vlc player.also i could only get vlc-shares 0.5.5a2 to stream with the vlc-portible edition.
    This is not a big deal,i’m just trying to find a vlc-shares version that i can configure to stream to my htc touchPro2 wm 6.2 phone while still streaming to my wiimc. thanks for any help

cadbusca
    Participant
    bobnabob
    Participant

Thanks,That answers my question.I must have missed this post somehow. Sorry
    i’ll try 0.5.5a2 again but last time i could only get the vlc portibile to work with 0.5.5a2, and that even stopped working after a few days.

zany130
    Participant

install last beta2, then apply this patch:
    https://code.google.com/p/vlc-shares/source/detail?r=764

0.5.5beta2 works with vlc 2.x and 1.1.x, you only have to choose your vlc version in vlc-shares configuration page

bobnabob
    Participant

Thank you @xmarx. I installed the beta and patch.Vlc is now streaming fine.but i seem to have a problem with rtmpdump now.everything was going great until i went to stream hulu.rtmpdump came up on the sever for firewall permission {like it should} then i got error loading with wiimc.after that it seems to have gotten stuck trying to stream,for I could not shut it down through wiimc or the webinterface.everytime i hit browse it would always start on the stream options.i hit shut down stream i don’t kno how many times.finaly had to go to the threadforker and delete the active thread.I will try it again tonight and see if it continue’s to happen.I do have debug files,if you should happen to want them. I like 5.5’s interface because i can lock my phone’s browser to a specific profile and trancode.Its awsome.You have made one of the best media apps i’ve seen so far.
    Thanx for all your help.

bobnabob
    Participant

Sorry Guy’s,Started up vlc-shares tonight and seen I had pointed v0.5.5b2 to the elder rtmpdump.v2.3.(“I like keeping old files around”). So i switched it to the rtmpdumpv2.4 folder and tried a few hulu’s.So far its doing great. Now i’m back to tweaking it to my Win mobile6.2 phone.Vlc-shares seems to stream to it almost as good as it does to wiimc. Again,Thanx for all the help. And the web app

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password