VLC Stream closes after a few seconds

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares VLC Stream closes after a few seconds

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, thanks for any help you can provide.

I managed to get VLC Shares streaming working successfully with the plugin Tv-Links.eu. Unfortunately, it only worked for a day. Now, when I try to play a VLC Stream, it will play the first few seconds of the video and then freeze, then it jumps back to the WiiMC screen as if I had closed the video.

It is doing this for all the videos I’ve tried within the plugin Tv-Links.eu. I am using the AVC/ACC safe transcoding profile as Hq, Mq, and Lq produce no sound. Play Directly option does not work for me because it stops to buffer every couple of minutes. I’m not sure what I did to mess it up because VLC Streaming was working just fine a couple of days ago. I can attach a debug file if needed, but I’m not sure where this would be located on my system.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Issue seems to be gone now that I’ve updated to WiiMC 1.2.7. Thanks for fixing it so quickly!

Anonymous
    Inactive

This problem has come back and I have no idea how to get it to stop. The VLC Stream simply quits back to menu after only a few seconds of the video plays. I’ve tried all of the different transcoding profiles, and they all produce the same result. Watch directly only sort of works, as it stops and buffers every couple of minutes. I really just want to get my VLC Stream to work. I can post a debug log if you can tell me where to find it please. Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m using VLC Shares 0.5.4, VLC Player 1.1.9 and WiiMC 1.2.7.

bobnabob
    Participant

If you say the 1.2.7 update helped fix it then you might try a fresh install of wiimc again.Also try rebooting everythnig. ec: wii,pc,and even your internet gateway.Not the router,just the gateway.Sounds more like a connection problem,wifi or internet. I had this problem once,but just with the veetle site.whitch led me to belive it was the site itself having problems.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your reply. I think it has something to do with Putlocker/Sockshare since I mostly use those plugins in VLC Shares. The Watch Directly option has improved playback drastically, only stopping to buffer once or twice instead of every minute like before, so I’ll just use that for the time being.

bobnabob
    Participant

1 other thing i have found also. When using the “Watch Directly” option. If you wait until the second buffer message comes up,let it fill until you get about 50-60% then go ahead and click play.Because if your network hangs and it takes too long to fill 100% before you start watching then you exceed the buffer. So it will play for a few minutes,then boot you off. Just like if you pause it for too long,it does the same thing.
    hope this makes sense, it works for me.
    If it fills to 100% without hanging,then this won’t apply.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the tip! I too had noticed that pausing for too long was causing this issue. I’ll start trying to play at around 60% at the second buffer.

WiiMC/VLC Shares is awesome by the way, even with these issues. It’s one of the main reasons that my Wii isn’t sitting unused and collecting dust right now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password