VLCShares 0.5.4 Pagination

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares VLCShares 0.5.4 Pagination

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Although the Pagination addition is nice, it is a bit cumbersome to use with long lists. For example, I came across a list of movies that had 26 “pages” to it. Just my luck, the media title I was looking for was on page 20. It was a chore to scroll down each page (starting with page 1) to the bottom and select then select “>>>Next page (“x”/26)>>>… 20 times until I got to the title.

Is there an easier way that I may have over looked?

Or maybe some other way that one could at least jump to a page…

Great work tho… The new features are very nice !

cadbusca
    Participant

The pagination occurs with Navi-X, VLC-Shares and my about to be released You-Tube Explorer Feature of WIIMC+.
    I think its obvious that if you are looking for something and don’t know where it is that you have no choice but to look at each page until you find it. It is possible however to avoid the need to back out one page at a time as WIIMC requires and jump directly back to page 1 and the next version of WIIMC+ implements that capability by clicking the B-Button rather than clicking the up-one-level line. It also alredy has the “save-links” feature so once you find a link on “page 20” you can save that link and access it directly from your “Saved Links” folder in Online media, avoiding the need o page down 20 pages again. Hope that helps.

zany130
    Participant

@Fred-Bear wrote:

Although the Pagination addition is nice, it is a bit cumbersome to use with long lists. For example, I came across a list of movies that had 26 “pages” to it. Just my luck, the media title I was looking for was on page 20. It was a chore to scroll down each page (starting with page 1) to the bottom and select then select “>>>Next page (“x”/26)>>>… 20 times until I got to the title.

Is there an easier way that I may have over looked?

Or maybe some other way that one could at least jump to a page…

Great work tho… The new features are very nice !

No. Unfortunately there isn’t a way for jump to a specific page. The only thing you can do to reduce a bit the problem is set the “per-page items” setting to an bigger value (from the vlc-shares configs page, in the helpers section). The default one is 25 item per page. Try changing it to 50 or even 60. Wiimc should be able to handle 60 item per page without go out of memory.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ximarx wrote:

The only thing you can do to reduce a bit the problem is set the “per-page items” setting to an bigger value (from the vlc-shares configs page, in the helpers section). The default one is 25 item per page. Try changing it to 50 or even 60. Wiimc should be able to handle 60 item per page without go out of memory.

Ahhh… Thanks… I did not know there was an option such as that !

rodries
    Keymaster

Only 60? I would think WiiMC could handle at least 2000 entries per page without any trouble…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sh*t…. Now have to go and kick the old lady off of the setup and see… 2000 entries Tantric? 🙂

zany130
    Participant

Good to know. Anyway, look like wiimc truncates a list of 800 items. Some users of another forum reported me that a list generated by animedb plugin (817items) is truncated near the 400th item.

Can some kind of memory leak reduce the available memory for the playlist parser after a bit maybe?

rodries
    Keymaster

What’s the playlist type? plaintext (m3u)? pls? plx? Can you generate me a big list in a file and post it on the Tracker? It could be something with the mplayer parser, but it shouldn’t be a memory limitation – WiiMC can handle browsing a folder with 2000 entries in SMB, for example.

zany130
    Participant

Playlist type is plx. An example in the ticket: http://www.wiimc.org/tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=371

rodries
    Keymaster

Thanks. Either rodries or I will have a look.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password