WD Elements 250GB and WiiMC 1.09 ->Does not work Edit: WORKS

Home Forums Help and Support WD Elements 250GB and WiiMC 1.09 ->Does not work Edit: WORKS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tristar
    Participant

Hey,

first of all, thanks Tantric for all the hard work! Sadly I ve to report a few drawbacks here:

1.09 + Homebrew channel start: WiiMC does not detect my HD (WD Elements, 2.5inch, 250GB).
    1.09 + WiiMC Channel start: WiiMC crashes, does not even come to the WiiMC home screen.

1.07 + 1.08: identical issues.

After Tantrics comment that one should revert back to 1.06, I did exactly that and everything works fine (but without the cool new features of course)

1.06 + Homebrew channel start: no problem with HD detection.
    1.06 + WiiMC Channel start: WiiMC boots, no problem at all.

So, at least in my case with this HD (which is quit common, I suppose) there is a serious problem in 1.07-1.09. I reinstalled Ios58 with Tantrics installer, but that didn’t help too. Hope you figure it out eventually! Great work anyways, WiiMC is the blast!

cheers!

rodries
    Keymaster

This isn’t the fault of WiiMC – the new USB2 module in IOS58 might not support all drives. I can’t promise you this will improve, and if it does, it won’t be done by the WiiMC team as this code is not a part of WiiMC.

supermoviefan
    Participant

Strange. I have the exact same setup as you and mine was working fine until the 1.0.9 Update where I cant see my HD using the channel, but works fine using HBC. So that would rule out an IOS problem.

Tristar
    Participant

Hey,

finally I managed to solve that issue. Of course ( 😀 ) the problem was not to be found in WiiMC, it was just me… but now I again learned smth.

So what happened? I was just not aware that if one just updates the HBC to 1.08 and installs Ios58 afterwards that HBC will not use it (instead Ios61). I corrected this by reinstalling the HBC (just after installing Ios58). Now everything works just perfect. HD is found in WiiMC no matter if started from HBC or from its own channel.

Again, thanks Tantric, great job!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password