WebM videofile format Support…

Home Forums Feature Suggestions WebM videofile format Support…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    khals
    Participant

Hi!

I wish to know if is it possible to add support for the new WebM videofile format 🙂 ?

It looks like webM will be the video standard for the incoming HTML5 browsers (firefox, opera, explorer, chrome…) and it has 30% more efective compression than current h.264 videoformat (on my own tests using the “Free WebM Encoder 1.0” tool).

Also, Mplayer (from webm’s project site) has added support for webm (VP8) videoformat:
    http://code.google.com/p/webm/downloads/detail?name=mplayer-vp8-encdec-support-r3.tar.bz2&can=2&q=

I hope it could be added soon 😀 …

See ya!

rodries
    Keymaster

VP8 is already available in 1.0.4. I’ll add the .webm file extension to the list for 1.0.5.

khals
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

VP8 is already available in 1.0.4. I’ll add the .webm file extension to the list for 1.0.5.

Thanks 😀 !… I already tried Youtube’s HTML5/webm version in low-end PC’s (wii possible 😆 ?!) and all the videos run better: less filesize and bitrate with the same output quality than current videos embedded in the Flash object.

Maybe, someday, wiimc could use this kind of video format for online media purposes, hehe :mrgreen: !

See ya!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password