WEBSITE to WIIMC how i do it??

Home Forums Help and Support WEBSITE to WIIMC how i do it??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    stoneliang
    Participant

hello every one, i know website they have lot of tv channels, the stream is by JW flash, any way, i like to make it possible to have this website like i have it the youtube, i mean like you did to youtube, and run all the tv channels, hey i try to have the urls or streams of that site but seems to be complicaded.

Can you help, by the way, nice work with wiimc.

Best regards to you all.

cadbusca
    Participant

You have not provided enough information for anyone to help you. What’s the website and what are the stream url’s?

stoneliang
    Participant

Thats the problem, i cant get the urls or url streams, the only thing that i know is the channels play everytime i enter on the web page, exemple select fox tv channel and the stream starts, they open “window” like media player but is from JW FLV media player 3.15,i know this because is the only thing that can be made onde player, is right click on mouse and came up some info one of them is that, JW FLV media player 3.15 and notinhg else, i try some a few software to get the urls, but no luck, the software i use was: url snooper and url hunter, but nothing just show: http//:www…/live47/player.swf, i try to copy to test on windows media player 11, if is good url or stream and nothing just stops…

The web page is from Portugal, here it is the webpage: http://www.tvtuga.com help please!

Thank you!!

hello2000
    Participant

Take a look at my onlinemedia.xml thread on the General Discussion section… no, it doesn’t add support for TVTuga, although it might some day (I’m Portuguese too).
    The problem with TVTuga and similar sites is that the stream of the URLs, apart from probably not being recognizable by WiiMC (most streams are RTSP and MMS), are very hard to discover which they are. Some years ago, the URLs were less encrypted and I made a VB.NET application that allowed me to watch online TV without opening a browser (just give the URL to Windows Media Player). But some days ago I went checking and this isn’t the situation anymore, now the streams are accessed in a way which I couldn’t discover yet. Or better saying, I can get to the part of the script which gets the URL of the stream, but I can’t get VLC (or any other media player) to understand and connect to it.

I wonder if there are other online TV sites with less strange stream URLs which can be seen (like some years ago happened with TVTuga) just by viewing the page’s source code. At the end, TVTuga is just a Portuguese copy of many other online TV sites, which might or might not have the URLs less hidden.

(I have also taken the RTP channel stream as the example of my search, and neither on TVtuga or on RTP’s official site I could get a working stream that I could open with VLC)

So, it’s a no-do for now. If you want, you can tell me what specific channel(s) you want to watch and I’ll try to decipher the stream URL for it. No promises though.

stoneliang
    Participant

Thank you for all support, here is the channels: FOX , FOX Life and AXN…

The only thing that make impossibel to open de channels is we don´t have the streams or urls to open it…

By the way can you post or let me know the software do you use to track down the streams or something wells… maybe i can help to, i post the software i try to track down the “site” but no luck, can you let me know some software or ways…??

There is few more sites with the same channels or streams: http://tvportugalhd.com/ they use swf stream it means they use stream from flash player on it… another site: http://www.estadio.in/disney this one complains for other side they steal here streams like disney channel for exemple, how i dont know if is true but how they do that, i found the streams are from swf it means flash players streams, they dont open on wmp (windows media player) they don´t “run” on web link on any fire fox or ie…why?

Regards

hello2000
    Participant

I don’t use any software to track down the streams of the URLs, all I do is looking at the source code of the page then try to find which stream is the SWF flash player trying to open.

I think that VLC and other media players are not able to open many of the stream URLs because these streams are password-protected, and the password for opening them is (perhaps?) inside the SWF player on the site. This might explain why we can’t open certain streams directly on a web browser or media player. At the same time, if the stream is password-protected, shouldn’t the browser detect this situation and ask for a user/password?

I’ll try to find a stream for the channels you specified and try to open it in WiiMC… I’ll tell you how it works.

stoneliang
    Participant

You right maybe password protection, but some web sites have the same streams (channels) it means they are open sorce or they know the password…

By the way,can you let me know how as done with youtube.com to be on wiimc, i mean “we have youtube.com like we have on web” on wiimc how it was done??

I ask it just im be thinking to do with tvtuga.com or else…

One more time, Thanks.

Regards!

stoneliang
    Participant

it seems i finally found the answer, the streams are the seam, i mean, the players opens something like this: http://………../embed/player.swf
    well thats it, the meadia player cant play SWF urls (flash media)…then got error, it seems the microsoft dosent reveal the 3 part of the player, that means to we play SWF you got to have flash player by adobe installed on pc…to able play SWF media, instead the wmp(windows media player) play it self… just guesing… well help out with it…

Appreciate all info about abling youtube on wiimc….??

Regards

hello2000
    Participant

The SWF file is just the player the site uses to play a stream. What needs to be found is the stream, not the player. The player can only work on platforms with Adobe Flash; if we find the stream, it will work with more platforms including, eventually, WiiMC.

stoneliang
    Participant

check this: skyfire With over 5 Million Downloads, The World’s Smartest Mobile Browser is Also the World’s Most Social Browser!
    Flash Video
    Enables users to play millions of Flash videos around the web
    Facebook
    Keeps your Facebook page loaded for easy, one-touch access to your news feed, profile, friends, inbox, events and places
    Twitter
    Tweet, follow your feed, explore the links without leaving the browser
    Fireplace
    Just the links from your social feeds

Skyfire Rocket supports emerging standards such as html5, webkit, h264, and http streaming, as well as widely-used formats such as Flash, Silverlight, Windows Media, and more. As standards develop and transitions take time, Skyfire can provide a “bridge”, translating content in the cloud to whatever standards and codecs that Operators and OEMs expect for a given device. And that means consumers win, as the content they want just works, when they want it.

Well this what wii need to have decent web browser… it is possible to have it…??

I guess not, well check the web site fore more info about it, its realy good software!!

Website Link:

http://www.skyfire.com/

😛 (this is what wii need) 😉

Regards

hello2000
    Participant

You really have no idea how the Wii works and what are the limits of it. I didn’t even look at that site, but it seems a desktop/mobile software, thus porting it to the Wii would be too difficult, specially because most likely the software is not open source.

If the program has a web interface and if it works with the Internet Channel, it might work. But the Internet Channel has no HTML5 support and the Flash is quite outdated (version 8), so it shouldn’t work.

This is far beyond the purpose of WiiMC.

stoneliang
    Participant

You are right, but cheak the website for more info…
    what mean to say is this web browser works on any pc and they have version to mobile phone to… and the wii must have web browser LIKE this one to have good browser on it…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password