Weird "pixels" in the bottom right corner

Home Forums Help and Support Weird "pixels" in the bottom right corner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Matoking
    Participant

I’m not sure at what version this started, but now when I have wiimc open playing a video there is an odd bunch of pixels that are white. I’m not sure how to describe it so I have put up a couple pictures so you can see.

It looks like it is cutting off part of the screen, but only when playing a video. If I am looking at the menu it is not there and the application uses the entire screen. If I am watching a video and press home it goes away, but comes back once you resume the video.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/4804818/1/wiimc?h=322434

cadbusca
    Participant

The WIIMC picture is not using the whole screen. Use the Video options to stretch the width to fill the screen then those non WIIMC white marks will go away.

Matoking
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

The WIIMC picture is not using the whole screen. Use the Video options to stretch the width to fill the screen then those non WIIMC white marks will go away.

Yea, that is what I did to fix it for the time being, but why is it the only time I see it is with wide-screen videos? If I play a normal 4:3 video it doesn’t show up.

Thanks for the suggestions, and those user patches look sweet might have to look into those.

cadbusca
    Participant

The white stuff is garbage from the WII display adapter. With 4:3 I assume you still have black bars on the sides which shows you are still not using the whole screen for the output. There should be no black bars. Have you adjusted the WII screen output using the WII settings? That should be done first.

straps
    Participant

Hey, I have also noticed the collection of pixels in the bottom right. It is definitely a new issue though, not a problem with settings. They do not appear in version 1.0.6 or under, and do not appear in MPlayer CE v0.77 r590. Instead, the picture fills the entire (wide) screen as it is supposed to. Altering the width settings does solve it, but it would mean that videos that do not have the pixel problem will be stretched. It is only happening on a few of my AVIs, I can provide samples if needed.

cadbusca
    Participant

Use Partcopy and give me the first 10 megs.

straps
    Participant

Hey jhb50, I have made two 10 meg files for testing, but the forum is not letting me attach them. Uploads to 100% then kinda resets. I am using Chrome, maybe that is a problem, will look into it, unless you have an easy alternative eg upload somewhere else? Thanks.

cadbusca
    Participant

Ooops I think the limit here is 8 megs so try 7.5 and make 2 posts.

straps
    Participant

Hey, forum will not let me upload .avi, nor would it let me upload it if I changed the extension to exe, doc, pdf, or blank. Jpg worked, but had a size restriction of 256k! Any suggestions? Sorry, run out of time to try anything else right now.

cadbusca
    Participant

You need to zip most things for web up/down

straps
    Participant

Hey, zipped it and came back with “The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB.”, so that is not a practical length obviously. I can upload somewhere else if you like, or even email, or just see if it resolves itself in the next update, up to you. Thanks for trying to help out anyway.

cadbusca
    Participant

If you report it as a bug then you can attach up to 8 megs. 256K is a silly limit.

straps
    Participant

Cool will do that at some stage. Can you get access to the files from there, or will it have to be delt with by the administraters?

cadbusca
    Participant

They are available to anyone.

straps
    Participant

Hey jhb50, just submitted a bug report, Issue #229. Just uploaded the 1 sample in the end. Likely related is a similar problem that I found last night where a thin bar, again on the right-hand side, alters the colour of the picture that appears underneath it in a 16:9 ratio AVI video file. Does not appear when played through 1.0.6 or MPlayerCE 0.76. I didn’t report that problem though, just to keep the bug report simple.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password