WII Connection Time Experience

Home Forums Help and Support WII Connection Time Experience

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cadbusca
    Participant

When connecting to On-line media streams, radio/playlists/tv I have been connecting within 3 seconds.
    My WII is set up with a static address and I have DHCP set off on my router. Life is great!

But I just turned on DHCP on my router and the connect time on one radio connection jumped to 20 seconds and on the second it just hung on trying to connect. Turned off DHCP and all is back to normal.

Can anyone knowledgeable in this area post an explanation so I and others can benefit from this?

tramadolcykv
    Participant

here is an explination of static hxxp://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid7_gci1230769,00.html

here is an explination of dhcp hxxp://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid7_gci1230769,00.html

I removed the tt so just replace, some forums dont like live links….. :mrgreen:

cadbusca
    Participant

Both your posted links are the same, and yes you can post live links in this forum, but I was not looking for an explanation of static vs dhcp but rather observing and wondering why dhcp was seemingly invoked when the router already has the static address for my PC and makes no use of dhcp.

tramadolcykv
    Participant

Oops, my bad. 😆

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password