WiimC 1.1.1 frame droppings when playing DVD IFO files

Home Forums Help and Support WiimC 1.1.1 frame droppings when playing DVD IFO files

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

I noticed frame droppings (a slight stuttering) when playing DVD IFO files via SMB from a VIDEO_TS folder with WiiMC 1.1.1. When I play a VOB file of the same DVD directly via the same SMB share, everything is fine. Does the DVD Menu feature include some kind of overhead, so it slows down playback performance ?

rodries
    Keymaster

Yes, dvd menu (“dvdnav”) over SMB is not supported. Turn it off in the settings if you want to play DVDs.

This is because dvdnav has its own cache and doesn’t use the mplayer cache, which is the one we’ve set up for use over SMB already.

I’ll be disabling dvdnav over smb in the next version.

tolietpapertp
    Participant

PLEASE dont do that. disabling ISO over SMB would make my(and everybody elses) NAS useless. there has got to be better way to handle this.

rodries
    Keymaster

I didn’t say disable ISO over SMB. I said disable dvdnav over SMB. You will still have ISO over SMB via dvd AKA the “Skip to Main Title” option.

glashow
    Participant

is there any way to finetune dvd iso playback via smb?
    it is quite frame dropping when played via wifi…

rodries
    Keymaster

Go into Settings > DVD and switch DVD Menu to Skip Main Title.

Case Closed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘WiimC 1.1.1 frame droppings when playing DVD IFO files’ is closed to new replies.

Login

Lost Password