WiiMC can’t find my USB-stick anymore.

Home Forums Help and Support WiiMC can’t find my USB-stick anymore.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gumbo
    Participant

Well a couple a weeks ago I updated my IOS/cIOS thingy.

This is the guide I used for that: http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-games/56335-monster-hunter-3-tri.html#post348157

Haven’t been using WiiMC since I updated those thingys. But 3 days ago I saw that there was an update for WiiMC when I launched it. Note that WiiMC 1.03 couldn’t find my USB-stick, so I updated to 1.04 directly. That didn’t help.

I’ve tried following:
    – Uninstall IOS 202 with AnyTitle Deleter and then reinstalling IOS 202 with WiiMC installer.
    – Changeing USB-slot.

Yeah, well that it. Very strange, because GeeXboX finds the USB-stick and playes the movies fine.

Anyone knows how I should fix this? Sitting om Pal Wii with 4.1. The USB-stick is a Kingston DataTraveler 410 8GB
    http://www.kingston.com/flash/dt410.asp

Help, much appricieated.

LoTeK
    Participant

I had the same problem a while back, it turned out to be my memory stick. I formatted it using the default right click format method but that didn’t work.

So i formatted it with “HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool”
    All is well now 😀

gumbo
    Participant

@blueplanet wrote:

I had the same problem a while back, it turned out to be my memory stick. I formatted it using the default right click format method but that didn’t work.

So i formatted it with “HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool”
    All is well now 😀

I’ve already formated it with that program. Doesn’t work. Very annoying that WiiMC doesn’t work anymore.

Tantric, do you have any idea what’s gone wrong with my Wii? I can take a picture of all the IOSes I have installed if you can help me with that information.

HagBitlaultus
    Participant

Maybe you conntected it to the wrong usb port? That happened to me, previously. As long as you don’t have IOS202 installed, both USB-ports would work, but with IOS202 you can only access the USBport that is also used by usb-backup-loaders for connecting external HDDs, cause the other port is restricted to LAN-adapter use only…

gumbo
    Participant

@haiggoh wrote:

Maybe you conntected it to the wrong usb port? That happened to me, previously. As long as you don’t have IOS202 installed, both USB-ports would work, but with IOS202 you can only access the USBport that is also used by usb-backup-loaders for connecting external HDDs, cause the other port is restricted to LAN-adapter use only…

Yes, I have tested that. Funny thing is that the USB-stick is blinkig (that’s what it does when it is read or something is writing on it).

Just took some pics of which IOSes I have installed, if anyone can help me with this information:
    http://i47.tinypic.com/21a0780.jpg
    http://i45.tinypic.com/hv9h5z.jpg

Another thing I concider to do is a complete restore with BootMii. Do you guys think that will help?

gumbo
    Participant

So it seem’s neither 1.0.5 or 1.0.6 work on my Wii.

I decided to restore my Wii with BootMii but the Nand-backup I have saved from when I backed up the Wii is faulty or something (BootMii tells me the backup is for another Wii but that’s just not true).

In conclusion it looks like WiiMC is never going to work on my Wii again. 🙁

gumbo
    Participant

Sorry for writing again so soon. But I have fixed my problem.

The thing I did yesterday was to remove every IOS with the number over 200 (including the WiiMC channel & DVDX). After that I reinstalled DVDX and IOS 202 1.1. That didn’t help.

Today I tried to connect my Packard Ball 1TB external hard drive and behold.. WiiMC found the hard drive. Plugged out the hard drive and connected the USB-stick. didn’t work.

So I tried to reformat the USB-stick once again with “HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool”. And guess what. IT WORKS NOW! 😀

I figuerd out that I had formated my USB-stick with an old version of “HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool”, namely 2.1.8. So I downloaded a newer one (2.2.3) and with that one it worked.

So the problem is solved now, thanks for the few answers I got and I hope this can help somebody else in the future. 😛

Over and out!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password