WiiMC doesn’t recognize HDD (Fat32)

Home Forums Help and Support WiiMC doesn’t recognize HDD (Fat32)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fiumag
    Participant

Hey,

I hope I’m not missing something obvious, but WiiMC doesn’t recognize my HDD (formatted as FAT32).
    HBC does, so do MPlayer CE and the GX emulators (and every other app I tried).
    IOS 202 is installed.

Are there any special requirements to the HDD / Partition or am I missing something?
    Hope this can get solved as I’d really like to replace that MPlayer CE with WiiMC to watch my movies 😛

Great work Tantric & Team! Cheers!

Phobos
    Participant

I have the same problem.
    My Wii: 4.2e ; cIos rev19 base38 ; ios 202 installed
    Tried with: usb-pen 2gb (fat32, ntfs) ; 1tb external hdd (ntfs)

Wiimc does not support my usb devieces. Usb support in other homebrews works without any problems. I hope this bug can be solved.

Nice work Tantric & Team!

Fiumag
    Participant

It works now!

The problem was, that I initially formatted my HDD using Wii Backup Manager. It somehow seems to break something. I had no problems using the drive on Windows or with homebrew (other than WiiMC), but as soon as I tried to use it on OS X, it didn’t recognize it.
    I reformatted it using OS X and now everything works 🙂

Still curious that every other homebrew app was able to use it and only WiiMC refused it.

p.xoni
    Participant

Hi,

I often nuke all the partitions, reset the partitions (I use Windows) then format with fat32format.exe , it does a good job for 1-3 TB drives. Works well with WiiMC in my expereince, even on the large drives.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password