Wiimc+ fails to load please help jhb50

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements WiiMC+ Enhancement Pack Wiimc+ fails to load please help jhb50

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nala310
    Participant

i just recently got the wiimc+ v12 pack for wiimc 1.2.6 from jhb50 and no matter what i do i cannot get wiimc+ to load via the homebrew channel and ive even tried to load it via priiloader and it just returns to the homebrew channel.
    I have ios 58 on system 4.2u and the latest updated homebrew channel to date when this topic is posted.
    my wii is also a early model still capable of playing dvd movies.

i followed all instructions and copied the 3 files in the pack to an existing copy of wiimc 1.2.6 renamed folder to wiimc+ (tried a folder called wiimc plus just in case), tried to boot and – failed

i did the same thing but this time instead i just copied the 3 files in the pack on a fresh untouched copy of wiimc 1.2.6 renamed folder to wiimc+(and tried wiimc plus for safe measure) and tried to boot it via both ways like last time and – failed exactly the same way.

both times i used the precompiled boot.dol, xml file and icon.png so that i could try out this enhancement pack and i have no clue what im doing wrong.

I may not respond very quickly due to being busy most time so please be patient in a response from me.

Cyri
    Participant

1. Make a new folder called wiimc-plus – I believe this is where you are messing up, make sure you add the “-“.
    2. Copy wiimc Release 1.2.6 into wiimc-plus
    3. Copy in the WIIMC+ boot.dol, attached meta.xml and the new icon.png files

nala310
    Participant

hmm i honestly hope that the only thing failing is the folder name… ill try it

cadbusca
    Participant

Per the quick install guide :
    “2. Copy the Release 1.2.6 appswiimc subdirectory to appswiimc-plus”
    and the full documentation:
    “The compiled wiimc+ boot.dol together with meta.xml and icon.png (which updates the homebrew icon for WIIMC+) must be copied to a new apps/wiimc-plus directory on the WII.”

It can’t be more explicit. Enjoy.

nala310
    Participant

@exclaimed wrote:

1. Make a new folder called wiimc-plus – I believe this is where you are messing up, make sure you add the “-“.
    2. Copy wiimc Release 1.2.6 into wiimc-plus
    3. Copy in the WIIMC+ boot.dol, attached meta.xml and the new icon.png files

Success!!

your absolutely right about the folder name, I’m honestly embarrassed that i didn’t realize the folder name was so important.
    I cannot blame the instructions because this requirement should be obvious or common knowledge to an experienced modder lol TYVM!!! exclaimed and jhb50

cadbusca
    Participant

Great. Yes WIIMC only looks to apps/WIIMC for its associated files and WIIMC+ is modded to only look to apps/WIIMC-PLUS or optionally smb1/WIIMC-PLUS for its associated files, although the dol can be booted from any apps/ folder.
    That’s what makes WIIMC and WIIMC+ coexistance possible and the coexistance of multiple wiimc+ boot.dol’s with different iconsin multiple apps folders for Jukebox+, all using the same WIIMC+ files.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘WiiMC+ Enhancement Pack’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password