WiiMC+ Forwarder/Channel ??

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements WiiMC+ Enhancement Pack WiiMC+ Forwarder/Channel ??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just installed WiiMC+ — and then looked for a Channel or Forwarder for it so I don’t have to go into Homebrew to start it up.. couldn’t find one. Is there one publicly available?

Thanks

cadbusca
    Participant

No all the WIIMC code to do that is unavailable to me.

jamied486
    Participant

Thats a shame. I’ve just installed the pack you sent out a few days ago. Works nicely thus far. Thanks for your efforts?

Why does WiiMC+ have to run from wiimc-plus folder? If it could run from “wiimc” as an option, then would it work from the channel loader? I’ve of course renamed the wiimc-plus to wiimc with no good results, so I’m guessing that the binary is looking specifically for wiimc-plus.

Beyond compiling it myself to test this, are there any other options?

Thanks

cadbusca
    Participant

That is the only way to keep WIIMC+ separate from WIIMC, since I’m not prepared to support WIIMC+ as a replacement of WIIMC, but only as a side-by-side application. You could recompile with a modified wiimc.h but then you cannot run WIIMC to determine the source of any problems in the base.

dagger2b
    Participant

jhb50,

I was just browsing the forum and came across this old post. The forwarder source is available under libs within the trunk. The code is here…

http://code.google.com/p/wiimc/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Flibs%2Fforwarder%253Fstate%253Dclosed

You would just have to change the path in main.c. Of course the forwarder channels would look identical on the system menu unless you changed the graphics. It might be confusing so better to change the graphics.

cadbusca
    Participant

And this post explains why that is not sufficient. http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1588

dagger2b
    Participant

OK but this is still easy to do. The code for the stock forwarder installer is private. However once the forwarder is installed you can dump it to a wad using BlueDump. Once you have the wad you can use CustomizeMii to inject your recompiled forwarder dol. You should also change the title id because if you don’t your new forwarder will overwrite the stock one. You can also use CustomizeMii to change the graphics files if you wish. I realize that this is not as good of a solution as having an installer and will require the end users to have a wad manager installed. However it will get the job done. I have the 1.9 forwarder already dumped to a wad. Let me know if you want it. Or if you wish I will make the changes and send you a wad. Let me know…

cadbusca
    Participant

That is all way over my head. If you would like to develop a solution that others can install, and writeup how they should install it, I’d be happy to distribute it with the WIIMC+ pack, or you could post it here. I’m sure many would like a WIIMC+ channel, myself included, but I don’t have those skills.

dagger2b
    Participant

OK I can do that. What is the root for Wiimc+? Is is wiimc_plus or wiimc-plus? It will be a simple forwarder with no music or animation. This is because it needs to be different than the stock forwarder so users can distinguish between the two if both are installed.

cadbusca
    Participant

super..its wiimc-plus

hihoneyz
    Participant

im 1000% waiting on this one as i dont have the skills to do it but have wanted this for sooo long as i dont use wiimc or have it installed because wiimc+ is my replacement.

bobnabob
    Participant

Hey guys,I just made a channel for everyone and pm’d jhb50 about it.I couldn’t get it to upload here,so i sent it to him.hopefully he’ll check it out,ok it,and send it out to everyone. it works side by side with wiimc. if anyone else wants to test it,pm me your email and i’ll try to send it if i can.

dagger2b
    Participant

jhb50, I have been trying to PM you but my messages keep getting stuck in the outbox. So I sent you a email. Please check your email account that you use to send out your wiimc+ kit.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘WiiMC+ Enhancement Pack’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password