WiiMC freezes at video start

Home Forums Help and Support WiiMC freezes at video start

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ejose0909
    Participant

Hi everybody !

First I would like to say thank you for WiiMC. It is really a great media player !
    I have been using it for years and it has always worked like a charm on my Wii.
    But lately, I had to update my Homebrew channel from 1.0.8 to 1.1.0
    That’s what I did
    I was asked to upgrade WiiMC from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 too
    That’s what I did
    I also upgraded my Wii with Pimp My Wii 2.29

Now I have
    – the Homebrew Channel 1.10 installed on IOS58. I use HBC to start WiiMC (I have no WiiMC Channel)
    – WiiMC on my SD card
    – My IOS58 is not patched (that’s what Pimp My Wii says), and all my IOS are up to date.

Now WiiMC freezes very often (but not always) when I start a movie over my Wifi network.
    If I play browsng directories on my network shares before I go to the right one and start the video, I have more chances to have NO freeze. And after one successful play of a video, I can be sure I will have no crash till the end of my WiiMC session.
    But if I start WiiMC and rush directly to the movie I want to watch, I am almost sure it will freeze: I see the circle saying the video is loading, then instead of starting the video (or buffering), it freezes, and I can only shut down the Wii with a long press on the power button.

I have been searching for solutions on this forum, and I tried to put a new downloaded WiiMC 1.2.3 on my SD Card. The problem remains. I also tried to remove the line from the meta.xml file. The problem remains.

Please what can I do to have a stable WiiMC like before ?
    My children are waiting for their cartoons , so please HELP ! 😀

rodries
    Keymaster

I’ve experienced this too. But I don’t have an answer for you.

Darktink
    Participant

I have also been having the freezing issue. After some testing it seems I can always get my files to play as long as I don’t mix USB and wifi. What I mean is I want to stream via wifi if I unplug my USB HD it works fine everytime. Likewise if I want to view files on the HD than I need to start up wiimc without accessing a network share. So if I was in a netrowk directory when wiimc starts I would navigate to the HD close wiimc then restart so it starts in the HD directory. Doing this thIngs seem to work. Not ideal but better than crashes. 1.22 used to codedump once in a while but the freezing is new.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password