WiiMc has no voice sound

Home Forums Help and Support WiiMc has no voice sound

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lapydydaywhok
    Participant

Installed WiiMc via homebrew and placed a dvd in my Wii and recieve no voice or music audio. Get great video picture; however, the audio plays only the thunder of the movie.

DeadlyRobots
    Participant

lets get details of the dvd…

first off is it a pressed retail dvd that you bought? if so what is it and what region is it?

if its one you made.. it will be much harder to troubleshoot.

Lapydydaywhok
    Participant

Retail dvds in the USA.

DeadlyRobots
    Participant

this is a new one on me, considering it plays the video but the audio is not quite the proper track. almost like its playing an alternate track.

does it only do this on dvd’s and not on say xvid videos? also are menu’s enabled or disabled?

Bearltore
    Participant

Not sure if this is related to your problem, but I one had a problem with playing DVDs off my computer through a home receiver (not through the Wii, but read on). What happened is somewhere between the DVD, the computer, and the receiver, the 5.1 sound was messing up. When 5.1 sound is decoded, all voice in a movie typically goes through the center channel, and for some reason my receiver wasn’t dealing with that right and so it sounded almost like there was no voice in the movie at all. It sounds a lot like what you’re describing.

What you could try to do is go into the DVD’s audio menu (if it has one) and try it with 5.1 sound on, and then with Stereo on. What fixed my problem is making the DVD play the stereo track, causing no surround sound but at the very least I had voice again.

I know this isn’t directly related to the Wii or WiiMC, however the Wii does support Dolby ProLogic II, which in fact does handle stereo to 5.1 processing. It MIGHT help. If not, well, at the very least that’s one thing that’s not the cause :/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password