WiiMc in Sd AND usb

Home Forums Help and Support WiiMc in Sd AND usb

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jr808185
    Participant

Hello, I’m trying to have tho installation of WiiMC: one in Sd and another on a FAT partition in my hd.

The one in Sd is form my boy and the Sd is write protected, the one on hd is for me.

The problem is that both installation use the setting file on Sd instead the one in each directory.
    If the Sd is not present, the one in Hd load the correct settings, but if the Sd is present the program use the one in the Sd instead of the one in the Hd.

How can I force to use each installation the own setting file?

Thanks

cadbusca
    Participant

Only solution is don’t insert the SD when you want to to use the HD version.

cud666
    Participant

Yup that would do the trick. Good luck!

p.xoni
    Participant

Hi Turpo,

You could just make multiple directories in the sd:apps folder. For example

sd:appsWiiMC 1.1.9
    sd:appsWiiMC
    sd:appswiimc 1.2.0

Only issue though is, the only way to know the difference between the two icons in HBC is you must look at there application path just at the point of launch. All the multiple versions of WiiMC will have the exactly same icon… which is fine. You could make the paths a little more useful if you like instead of Wii version numbers.

cadbusca
    Participant

That will not work. The setting file is hardcoded to load from apps/wiimc

jr808185
    Participant

I understand that the path is hardcoded, but is strange that also the device is hardcoded, is more logic that the program search for the file in the directory where he is… but is not the case.

The practical solution is to have the sd not write protected 🙁

cadbusca
    Participant

The device is not hardcoded..it just looks at the SD first so don’t have the SD when you want to use the USB.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password