WiiMC on Wii U

Home Forums General Discussion WiiMC on Wii U

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    sauron2000
    Participant

I have installed HBC 1.1.2 on Wii mode of my Wii U. WiiMC loads fine from HBC, but the channel does not work correctly of which is ok for now. Just a heads up that WiiMC does load from HBC in Wii mode. Network fails to initialize, but I did manage to get a movie to play from SD card. Didn’t try loading from usb since I only use the network connection to watch movies. If any of you are wondering, I used the lego indy exploit to install the HBC, get the latest hackmii installer from bootmii.org, know what you’re doing (don’t blame me if things go wrong).

bobnabob
    Participant

From What i understand Ninty blocked the title for Hbc.So even if you got it put on,The channel might need to be modded for Hbc’s new title.

sauron2000
    Participant

The new BootMii installer does in fact work with Wii mode of the Wii U. TT was holding back an exploit that Nintendo didn’t know about, that’s why the new installer works. BootMii will not install to Wii mode, so TT removed the BootMii auto install, now if you use the installer on a regular Wii you will have to manually install BootMii.

The WiiMC update prompt on Wii mode makes my controller lose connectivity. So I’m going to manually install the latest version to the SD card. I got some free time so I’m going to play with it (WiiMC on Wii mode) a bit more today.

Does the WiiMC devs have any plans for a WiiMC U version, or provide Wii mode support for WiiMC?

edit

I think the battery in my Wii remote was going dead is the reason it was disconnecting. I found another issue though, in Wii mode (Wii U), running WiiMC 1.3.2 from a new install, I can access online content but fail to connect to a network share. My regular Wii can find my network share with WiiMC 1.3.2, so this is probably related to Wii mode of Wii U.

bobnabob
    Participant

The exploites are in the games,super smash and such.They can’t be stoped.

dagert
    Participant

@emerkamp wrote:

The exploites are in the games,super smash and such.They can’t be stoped.

He was talking about the HBC installer, which can be stopped. Which is the “exploit” they were holding back (to install hbc) which he was talking about.

bobnabob
    Participant

You don’t need “hbc” to run homebrew apps or code in general.They haven’t stopped me,Can’t stop me,and never will.
    They blocked the Title hbc was using and is now under a different channel title.Most channels are forwarders to the hbc/apps

dagert
    Participant

@emerkamp wrote:

You don’t need “hbc” to run homebrew apps or code in general.They haven’t stopped me,Can’t stop me,and never will.
    They blocked the Title hbc was using and is now under a different channel title.Most channels are forwarders to the hbc/apps

First. I never said you need hbc to run homebrew apps or code or that anyone could stop you. Stay on topic.
    Second. They didn’t just block the title hbc used. They fixed the IOS exploit. Which I will say once again, that was what sickpuppy was referring to.
    You may want to read this before posting again.
    http://hackmii.com/2012/12/hbc-release-for-a-new-wii-u/

bobnabob
    Participant

The topic was channels,I was trying to explain that the old channels that are forwarders,probaly won’t work with hbc under a new title and or ios.if you want to call patching an ios and/or installing it,an exploit then ok,but you still need a game type “exploit” to do so.

dagert
    Participant

@emerkamp wrote:

The topic was channels,I was trying to explain that the old channels that are forwarders,probaly won’t work with hbc under a new title and or ios.if you want to call patching an ios and/or installing it,an exploit then ok,but you still need a game type “exploit” to do so.

You are bad at explaining things (and spelling), so for the future, don’t try. Also forwarders won’t work at all, not probably.
    See this post
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/forwarders-are-back.340226/
    Also its what I call it, it is what its called by everyone. An exploit in an IOS (read that carefully because you seem to misunderstand for the 3rd time now) allows DEVS (such as hackmii) to use/write code to the Wii. There is no installing or patching an IOS in the HBC installation. It finds the exploit in the IOS and uses it to install and use the HBC.
    Read here
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel#Compatibility
    And just incase you don’t, I say and quote.

Note: The Homebrew Channel requires that you system have at least one unpatched IOS in order to guarantee reliable performance; we've received too many bug reports that were later traced to misbehaving versions of IOS. The HackMii Installer will automatically choose an appropriate (unpatched) IOS to use when installing the Homebrew Channel; if you attempt to defeat this safety measure by replacing its IOS with a corrupted version, you may experience an "impaired HBC experience" (an upside-down screen or a warning message at every startup). Please just don't do it.

And you also don’t need a game type exploit if you want to get technical.
    Try looking up bannerbomb, letterbomb, etc. They may not work on the Wii U but they will work on the Wii.
    And this is why I said you are bad at explaining things, because you ramble on about faulty and false information that is either really confusing or doesn’t make sense, or both.

bobnabob
    Participant

Try looking up bannerbomb, letterbomb, etc. They may not work on the Wii U but they will work on the Wii

This is why i said game exploite,and can’t be stoped.If it reads these games it will always read these exploites and
    should crash the system.
    Sorry if you don’t understand my posts,but i’m trying to keep it simple.hbc is just a glorified channel/booter that
    isn’t even needed.I don’t use it either.Older versions basicaly used bootmii to instal,or you could use a wad.upside down hbc is because tt don’t like darkcorps or piracy.I’m not sure what the method is now and i’m sure that few actually do.
    Great job linkig to things around the net that others have alredy said.

This is in fact going nowhere,so you win,your bigger geek.
    I haven’t gotten beat as a child so i’ll stick to answering questions.

dagert
    Participant

You spelled exploit wrong and exploites is not a word dumbass.

cadbusca
    Participant

@cryws: The ignorance that you display with your posts far outweighs any that of any spelling errors. It’s a sad commentary that you feel you need to bring such vitrolic to the forum.’

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password