WiiMC SMB Help

Home Forums Help and Support WiiMC SMB Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mrplow
    Participant

Hey guys, I am new to all of this and I am trying to get SMB to work. I’ve looked all around the forums and could not find much to help. I’m pretty sure I’m doing everything right but not positive. If anyone could direct me to a step by step process or tell me how to do it here that would be great.

My dad just accidentally updated the wii but I used SmashStack to get HBC back.
    I’m using windows vista
    and my Wii is from 2006

Thanks for the help!

JimShorts
    Participant

@mophead7117 wrote:

Hey guys, I am new to all of this and I am trying to get SMB to work. I’ve looked all around the forums and could not find much to help. I’m pretty sure I’m doing everything right but not positive. If anyone could direct me to a step by step process or tell me how to do it here that would be great.

I’ll take a stab at this…

Assuming you can launch WiiMC click on the gears for “Settings”, then go down and click on “Network”, click on “Add SMB Share”. Click on the various fields to bring up a keyboard to be able to enter data. If your SMB share has guest access you probably only have to enter the “Share Name” and “Share IP” address.

As an example, in my setup I could have
    Display Name Mystuff
    Share IP 192.168.0.54
    Share Name puddles
    Username
    Password ………..

Both username and password are blank in my case.

If you save your SMB, you can go back up and it will appear in the list below “SD – Wii” and
    “USB – XXX”.

Good luck

mrplow
    Participant

Do I need to Port Forward to my Wii for this to work? Do I need to configure my router?

callo555
    Participant

But…

What if your (or err… mine as the case is) media is on a NAS HD like my Iomega Storcentre? If you put it’s IP address into a web browser you get a settings page, not your media. XBMC finds it ok but in the box where the IP normally is there’s the following:

smb://IOMEGA-01BEF3/public/media/music

I’ve tried putting this into the IP box on WiiMC and tried putting the IP 192.168.1.50 into the IP box and the above string without the SMB:// into the share name and neither worked. I’m a little stuck for ideas :o(

Anyone got a solution?

wiila
    Participant

Assuming information on PC side
    IP: 192.168.1.50
    shared folder name: Test

Then,setup wiimc

Display Name: Test
    Share IP: 192.168.1.50
    Share Name: Test
    Username
    Password

leave username and password blank if don’t have.

That’s it.

callo555
    Participant

Cheers, I’ll try it tonight when I get back.

callo555
    Participant

It worked, thank-you very much 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password