WiiMC update nukes green checklist on viewed videos

Home Forums Help and Support WiiMC update nukes green checklist on viewed videos

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    p.xoni
    Participant

Hi,

I LOVE WiiMC and me and my kids use it daily to view TV shows and videos off of a Win7 Windows share of my download directory. When WiiMC asks to do an update, we just say “Yes” . Everything works fine but we have noticed that all our green check marks for videos that we have viewed, are lost ! I got to say this is the single most awesome feature of WiiMC that blows the doors off any of the other media players (XBMC, VLC, Windows Media Player) as it tracks our viewing history.

Is there a way to program WiiMC updates so your green checkmark history is not lost ? If not, is there a way to manually back this information up then manually restore it after doing a WiiMC update ? I really don’t want to do any more WiiMC updates unless we can ensure our green checkmark history is not lost as that information is really incredibly important for us, as we can’t remember our viewed history after your in Season4 of Big Bang Theory, Season 2 of the Simsons, Season 4 of That Seventies Show, etc… So, we are kind of lost without our viewing history, and have found ourselves to become dependent on that feature.

One solution would be the ability to turn off WiiMC updates entirely, as we really don’t need them as WiiMC seems to work well for us. But if we could preserve the viewing history during updates, that would be ideal. I am sure others find the green checkmark viewing history feature to be awesome, so this would be a cool bug fix.

Les

rodries
    Keymaster

Reports like this baffle me. Totally baffle me. This doesn’t happen to me – I’ve never seen it before. Nothing was touched in this area of the application, in any way, shape, or form.

If you want to backup your checkmarks, find the restore_points file in the apps/wiimc folder on your SD card/USB device.

cadbusca
    Participant

My recollection is that if the restore_points file cannot be read for any reason, that WIIMC will create a new blank file. That’s one of the reasons I modified my WIIMC to maintain a restore_points backup and replace that overwrite with a warning message that the file could not be found. I get this periodically but I have not been able to trace down why it happens, but at least I can now restore from the backup.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password