Wireless SMB stream to PC HELP – Cannot connect to SMB share

Home Forums Help and Support Wireless SMB stream to PC HELP – Cannot connect to SMB share

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    faceleg
    Participant

Hey guys, I couldn’t find any solid answers on this, here goes:

I have 202 installed; do i need to have the channel installer installed? All of my smb info is accurate, my drives are shared and the permissions are set- ive tried v1.0.4 and 1.0.6 or wiimc btw and both cant connect to smb. My firewall is off and my antivirus has resident shield off. I’ve tested another computer in the house and no luck either. I have my shortcuts set on my desktop (someone said to do that i read..)

I have tested my wireless connection using Mplayer CE and it works, though I really want to get Wiimc working- for so many reasons.

Please help moi!!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

faceleg
    Participant

Common guys, I know someone here can help me. It looks like such an awesome program I want to use it so bad!!!!

cadbusca
    Participant

1. “permissions set” depends on the server operating system version you are using. Explain what you “set”.
    2. SMB also depends on pc connectivity. I always try the Internet channel to verify that I have wii connectivity to the lan. Sometimes it is lost even though the pc remains connected.

faceleg
    Participant

sorry!

by permissions set i mean to say that the drives i have shared have read access enabled for the user i am logging in with on wiimc. i tried two different windows user accounts- neither work. 🙁

the internet channel and mplayer ce both work so i’m not sure what’s up 🙁

cadbusca
    Participant

so did smb work with mplayer-ce?

on w-7 shared read access is not enough..I had to set same permissions under security tab as well.

rodries
    Keymaster

Yeah you’re doing something wrong, there’s tons of people who can connect via Windows 7…

faceleg
    Participant

hmm i’ll try looking through security, thanks. yea smb working on mplayer ce

faceleg
    Participant

okay, i added my windows user to security under the drive options and it still won’t work.

can someone tell me exactly what they’ve done from step one? maybe i missed something somewhere?

this is what i have done:

i am on windows 7, smb in mplayer ce works.

the name of my computer in this case is “Indy-PC”gone to my computer, right clicked the drive i want to share, in this case it is “G.” I click properties, go to the sharing tab, go advanced, check “share the folder” “G” – the permissions under the “permissions” are “everyone.”

click security tab, click edit under permissions, click “add” – i have two windows users, my main, in this case called ‘Indy” and a network share called “lan” with a password on it (used for read only access of my files on other computers on the network.) – under “enter subject name” i have added, in seperate instances, the windows users “Indy” and “lan” – then clicked “check names” – the computer finds “INDY-PClan” and “INDY-PCIndy” just fine and when I click ok all of the files are added to the share as they should be (seemed to take the right amount of time for each drive i’m sharing.)

in wiimc, i have added the share name “Indy-PC” – the username “lan” (also tried “Indy” with no pass – as it should be) – and the password for lan. the ip address entered is accurate.

this is all i have done and i still get “failed to connect” when i click the wireless profile under the video tab on wiimc.

looking forward to hearing from you.

cadbusca
    Participant

The name in WIIMC should be “G”

faceleg
    Participant

@jhb50

you are the fucking man!!!! sooo much props buddy, you don’t even know- such a simple fuckin thing.. lol

thanks again!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password