Youtube movies support?

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares Youtube movies support?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Megamike360
    Participant

I was wondering if there is any way to view the Youtube “movies” section on Youtube.com. I just found this today and there is a TON of great free movies you can watch on there. I did a search just using the Youtube category on WiiMC but it wont pull up the movies. http://www.youtube.com/movies?fl=f&pt=fm

What I have done is created a new folder on the Youtube channel through VLC Shares and added a few movies. Unfortunately, it says Invalid youtube link when I try to view it. It shows the preview thumbnail and description, but it won’t play the video.

The selection on here is comparable to Netflix, and I am actually really impressed with it. It would be great to be able to access this through VLC Shares. Like the free content on Hulu, it is all restricted to viewing on the computer.

If there isn’t a way to do this currently, consider this a suggestion. 😆 If it’s somehow possible to view the movies section, please let me know!

EDIT: Oh and linking your Youtube account and adding the movies to your “Favorites” doesn’t work either. 😥

zany130
    Participant

To be honest, both the 2 films available in italy work for me. I added them inside a folder like you did. So, you have to try again a submit a debug.log file (enable debug log and set debug log level to All from vlc-shares configs page)

[edit]
    movies that cannot be seen are the ones using rtmpe stream and are unavailable through api too. I don’t think I will support them

Megamike360
    Participant

@ximarx wrote:

To be honest, both the 2 films available in italy work for me. I added them inside a folder like you did. So, you have to try again a submit a debug.log file (enable debug log and set debug log level to All from vlc-shares configs page)

[edit]
    movies that cannot be seen are the ones using rtmpe stream and are unavailable through api too. I don’t think I will support them

Ah, it appears you are right. After browsing for a bit I found a movie that worked. It seems that anything not provided by Crackle will work, which explains the RTMPE. Not wanting to get involved with that is understandable, haha. Thanks for the reply, and don’t think I forgot about donating, just waiting for my tax return to roll in. 😆

Pryce
    Participant

I don’t understand why the youtube search on wiimc is different from the search on the computer. Usually, I manage to find a lot of good full movies by searching “, long” since this will filter a lot of fake vids and show the vids with 20 minutes or more. When I do this on wiimc, it doesn’t show the full movies but mostly the fake ones.

I thought it is the RTMPE thingy you mentioned… but I did a search on my desktop (sister act, long) and copied the youtube video title then typed that title (whoopy goldberg – sister act) into wiimc and got to finally watch that movie. Is there anyway I can search for full movies on wiimc straightaway instead of having to find it on my desktop then type it on wiimc?

zany130
    Participant

don’t thing this is related with RTMPE. If videos uses RTMPE stream only, you can’t watch it in WiiMC at all. Most probably, wiimc script that search in youtube use standard apis (this is a supposition only). Not all contents are available through apis.

Search feature is not available in vlc-shares’s youtube plugin because it’s a duplicated of wiimc’s one. If you don’t want to search films one by one, you can subscribe your youtube account to the channel and link the user in youtube plugin. This way you can browse all subscriptions/activities of linked accounts.

Pryce
    Participant

Sorry, when I replied to this thread I didn’t realize this is about VLC shares. I’m referring to the youtube search on wiimc itself, is it possible to show the time for each YT vids and be able to use their filter (20 minutes or more).

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password