Youtube Playlist(s)?

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Youtube Playlist(s)?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s awesome that WiiMC can play YouTube vids, browse categories, and even do a YouTube search.
    I don’t know how WiiMC accesses YouTube content, but am wondering if it’d be possible to somehow browse/access YouTube playlists.

An idea came to me having used ‘Navi-X’ and WiiMC and being disappointed to find that the YouTube videos I’d added to my Navi-X playlist on my computer didn’t actually play on WiiMC..

As an example, there’s a playlist called: ‘Upcoming Wii Games’ that has the url

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=4D8034203D9A215F

What I’m envisioning is in WiiMC, either or both:
    -a) a ‘YouTube – Playlist’ item added to the ‘Online Media Tab’ (below ‘YouTube’ and ‘YouTube – Search’);
    -b) a ‘YouTube – MyPlaylist’ single pre-assigned playlist, configured in the WiiMC’s ‘Online Media Settings’ area.

In both instances, in order to play the ‘Upcoming Wii Games’ playlist example mentioned above, after clicking the appropriate ‘Online Media’ item, I’d enter via the WiiMC virtual keyboard just the ‘p’-value of the playlist, ie: “4D8034203D9A215F”. The list of videos within the playlist would then appear, as they do when one has entered a ‘Youtube – Search’.

Once set up, picture how great this would be:

• You’re logged in to YouTube on your home computer, at work, school, etc and see a video you want to play back at a later time on your home TV, via WiiMC
    • You click the ‘Add to:’ dropdown next to the video and add it to the playlist you’ve created and assigned (or will assign) in WiiMC. ex: a playlist called “WiiMC” that I’ve set in YouTube to ‘Private’.
    • Later, at home, you want to play back the video on your TV to share with friends or family, or just to watch on your own from the comfort of your couch — so you load up WiiMC, click ‘Youtube – MyPlaylist’ – and there it is.
      😮 😛
    cadbusca
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive

^ there’s no ‘=’ on the WiiMC virtual keyboard. Where do I/how do I input this?
    Thanks.

Matoking
    Participant

@RazorX wrote:

^ there’s no ‘=’ on the WiiMC virtual keyboard. Where do I/how do I input this?
    Thanks.

If there is not a key, then just put the sd card on your pc and edit it. If you computer does not have a sd slot, then install wiixplorer and activate the ftp server. Then you can goto ftp://WIIIP and access the card on your computer.

Also note you have to mark it as public, private will not work as the server will not be able to access your playlist.

phenom
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

<link name="ENTER PLAYLIST NAME" type="search" addr="http://mainwall1.us.to/youtube/?playlist=&quot; />

<link name="YouTube-Upcoming Wii Games" type="playlist" addr="http://mainwall1.us.to/youtube/?playlist=4D8034203D9A215F&quot; />

yes!! thanks so much for this if only i knew about this before, ppl should know about this seriosly.
    just one more thing i ask for if possible, is for the playlist to autoplay the next clip. can it be done? ill be so happy if u can, itll be sooo damn wicked!!!

Matoking
    Participant

You can get that by using jhb50’s expansion pack for WiiMC.

phenom
    Participant

@boondoklife wrote:

You can get that by using jhb50’s expansion pack for WiiMC.

wheres the download link then? can u give me it?

cadbusca
    Participant

Bottom of my posts.

phenom
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

Bottom of my posts.

u mean this:
    2/07/11 – NEW! A Guide to WIIMC+ A Structured Walkthru. READ IT HERE.
    WIIMC+ Enhancement Pack VI for 1.1.2 is Now Available !! GET DETAILS HERE.

but they are just a giude and so is the attatchment that i downloaded. so where is it?

phenom
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

Bottom of my posts.

hey jhb50, i cant find the wiimc+ pack download. i read the giude like a hundred times but theres no instrunction on how to get the pack, what do i do? please help me man?

cadbusca
    Participant

Last line of guide, second line of post, GET DETAILS HERE. in signature.
    If you still can’t find it, here it is again.
    “This WIIMC+V6 Enhancement Pack Patch, documentation and Guides will be provided to those who PM a valid email address to jhb50 on the WIIMC Forum”.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password