YouTube & Shoutcast Alternative Access Scripts V3

Home Forums Help and Support YouTube & Shoutcast Alternative Access Scripts V3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cadbusca
    Participant

This is a revised post to replace the original which has been revised due to errors and new setup advice from Ximarx, and to reflect the experience from dagert. Please delete the original zip files and use this 3rd version.

As you may be aware, the WIIMC YouTube and Shoutcast support was dependent upon scripts running at http://www.wiimc.org
    Unfortunately that service has been shut down so YouTube and Shoutcast playlists can no longer be accessed.

The attached provides an alternative for those that wish to restore access to YouTube and Shoutcast playlists, and updates and further enhancements will be included as part of the WIIMC+ enhancement pack.

Due to the demise of wiimc.org support for acquiring YouTube and Shoutcast playlists and the decision of the authors not to share their scripts so that others can run them on their own servers, the attached set of PHP scripts has been developed to provide similar and enhanced function and will be maintained as part of the WIIMC+ package.

The scripts have been designed to be installed in a wiimcscripts subdirectory of the EasyPHP-5.3.2iwww directory (eg: C:Program FilesEasyPHP-5.3.2iwww) which is created when installing VLC-Shares. (See http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1181). Given the wealth of High Definition/AVC material now available, which can only be played on WIIMC using VLC-Shares, this is something everyone should install.

The scripts are invoked by entries in the onlinemedia.xml file. An onlinemedia.xml file containing these entries in place of the non-functional WIIMC.org links is included in the package.

The “YouTubeRetriever.php” script assumes that “Zend” is installed in ‘C:/Program Files/EasyPHP-5.3.2i/www/vlc-shares/library/’ which is the 32 bit Windows library as installed by VLC-Shares and the “ShoutcastGenres.php” script and “onlinemedia.xml” file entries assume that EasyPHP-5.3.2i is installed on “192.168.1.10”. If you are on 64 bit windows or your PC IP is different, then edit these files accordingly.

So:
    1. Install VLC-Shares
    2. Unzip the attached “YouTube&ShoutcastScripts3.zip”
    3. Copy the enclosed wiimcscripts directory to your EasyPHP-5.3.2iwww directory
    4. Edit the “YouTubeRetriever.php” script to point to the “folder/containing/Zend_folder” as installed by VLC-Shares.
    5. Edit the “ShoutcastGenres.php” script and change “192.168.1.10 ” if your PC IP is different.
    6. Replace your existing onlinemedia.xml file with the enclosed onlinemedia.xml, and replace 192.168.1.10 if your PC IP is different.

The scripts, their functions and the onlinemedia.xml entries are included in the enclosed “YouTube&ShoutcastScripts3.zip” file.

cadbusca
    Participant

The original scripts and installation instructions have been revised again per dagert’s experience below and the corrected zip is posted above.

Molle71
    Participant

Hi,

it works great !!! I had to do the following chnages: 1°) replace “http://192.168.1.10" by mi IP in onlinemedia.xml 2°) replace the directory “ini_set(“include_path”, ‘C:/Program Files (x86)/EasyPHP-5.3.2i/www/vlc-shares/library/’);” in YouTubeRetriever.php by the one of my pc. Otherwise it works fine. Thanks a lot man !!!

cadbusca
    Participant

Thanks dagert! I’ve revised the package to reflect the change to YouTube Retriever since it is the more common 32 bit library, and expanded the instructions accordingly. See version 3 abve.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password