application error vlc shares

Home Forums Help and Support application error vlc shares

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could help me out.
    I have installed WiiMC on my Wii and i have installed what ever was stated in the instructions for my computer.
    When i tried to load VLC shares from my wii, it goes to a loading screen and then it says “Loading Error”

i typed in: 192.168.1.3/vlc-shares/public in my computer’s browser and i got: “Application error”

Im not sure if you have to configure anything on the Wii itself, or if i have made an error while configuring it on my PC, could someone please give me a hand with this.

I’ve read an user talking about my same problem, but unfortunately he didn’t say much about his resolution (something about the correct name of vlc-shares config file).
    My vlc test on public/test/index instead is: “File not found or not readable. Following tests are skipped”

Thank you
    Richard

cadbusca
    Participant

Just what did you install on your PC? Be specific and attach your modified config file.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve solved this problem by editing better my vlc shares config file. Now everything seems setted well but I cannot steel access to my videos from wiimc. The error is: “error loading file”. My system test is perfect but i haven’t realized how use vlc to stream the video yet. Have I to open the file directly by vlc or something is wrong with mi configuration file?

I’m really sorry but I can’t attach the config file because the extension ini is not allowed .

Thank you

zany130
    Participant

@richard wrote:

I’ve solved this problem by editing better my vlc shares config file. Now everything seems setted well but I cannot steel access to my videos from wiimc. The error is: “error loading file”. My system test is perfect but i haven’t realized how use vlc to stream the video yet. Have I to open the file directly by vlc or something is wrong with mi configuration file?

I’m really sorry but I can’t attach the config file because the extension ini is not allowed .

Thank you

You have to follow points 14 and 15 of this tutorial for use vlc-shares from wii: http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=562#p2269

(what vlc’s version are you using?)

Anonymous
    Inactive

My version of vlc is the 1.1.4 but i tried to install an older one keeping the same problems. However I’ve attached my configs files and the debug log.

My problem is that, opening wii vlc shares collection, when I try to start any video or music file I receive the error:”error loading file”. If you could give me more informations about this issue, I would be very grateful indeed.

Thank you

Richard

zany130
    Participant

Ma sei italiano? Guardando il log di debug direi di si. TI rispondo in italiano, cosi magari si fa prima.

Da quello che ho visto, tu cerchi di visualizzare i link di megavideo in modalità transcodificata. Purtroppo le versioni di vlc attualmente disponibili hanno un bug nella transcodifica del flussi audio/video nei casi in cui la combinazione sia h264/aac …. proprio quella utilizzata dai nuovi video di megavideo. Se provi a transcodificare quei video ottieni una di queste cose:
    1) il nulla cosmico… che nella versione wiimc diventa “Error loading file” se usi vlc 1.1 su windows
    2) stream solo audio se usi vlc 1.0.5 su ubuntu (e credo anche su windows)
    3) un terribile nulla cosmico variable, nella forma di audio e video incomprensibili se usi alcune versioni di nighly build di vlc 1.2 (con il relativo plugin per vlc-shares per attivare la compatibilità con 1.2 e 1.1.3+)
    4) audio e video corretti con alcune versioni nightly di 1.2 (credo quella del 16 agosto), ma solo se usi transcodifica video con audio in direct copy.
    [per maggiori info chiedi a jhb50, ha fatto un sacco di prove e attualmente riesce ad utilizzare una nightly di vlc 1.2 con una transcodifica che funziona anche con gli h264 e aac]

Questo stesso problema lo ottieni ovviamente anche se provi a transcodificare video da hdd in h264+aac.

Il mio consiglio: prova ad utilizzare la modalità diretta per vedere i video da megavideo se hanno codifica h264/aac (quelli nuovi), mentre usa la transcodifica solo per i video flv (quelli vecchi per intenderci). In questo modo io riesco a vedere tutto quello che voglio da megavideo (anche le puntate di naruto e one piece :P).

Per i video su hdd nn c’e’ molto che si possa fare. h264/aac per ora non sono transcodificabili con vlc / vlc-shares.

Ho notato anche 1 altra cosa: potrebbero esserci dei problemi con il plugin per la compatibilità con vlc1.2/1.1.3+. Non so se hai seguito il 3d principale e apportato le modifiche suggerite nel 3d. Nel caso te la sia persa, ti consiglio una rilettura o se vuoi evitare le cose noiose, ti pregherei di utilizzare la versione del plugin che ho postato sul repository del progetto http://code.google.com/p/vlc-shares/ . Lo trovi nella lista download. Per installarlo basta estrarre il contenuto dell’archivio nella directory principale di vlc-shares e accettare la sovrascrittura dei file

cadbusca
    Participant

Here according to Google is the English translation of the above post, because it has good info for everyone!

But are you Italian? Looking at the debug logs yes. TI say in Italian, so maybe you before.

From what I’ve seen you try to view links to megavideo mode transcoder. Unfortunately, the currently available versions of VLC have a bug in the transcoding of audio / video streams where the combination is h264/aac …. precisely that used by the new video megavideo. If you try to transcode those videos get one of these things:
    1) cosmic nothingness … wiimc that version becomes the “Error loading file” if you use vlc 1.1 on windows
    2) stream audio only if you use vlc 1.0.5 on ubuntu (and I think also on windows)
    3) a variable cosmic nothing terrible in the form of audio and video incomprehensible if you use certain versions of nighly build of vlc 1.2 (with its plugins for vlc-shares to enable compatibility with 1.2 and 1.1.3 +)
    4) audio and video correctly with some versions of 1.2 nightly (I think that of August 16), but only if you use transcode video with audio direct copy.
    [More info jhb50 ask, did a lot of testing and currently unable to use a nightly vlc 1.2 with a transcoding that works with h264 and aac]

This course also get the same problem if you try to transcode video from HDD h264 + aac.

My advice: try using the direct mode to see if they have megavideo video encoding h264/aac (new ones), while using only transcoding flv videos (old ones for instance). This way I can see everything I want from megavideo (even the episodes of Naruto and One Piece).

For videos on hdd nn there ‘much you can do. h264/aac are currently not transcoded by vlc / vlc-shares.

I also noticed one other thing: there may be problems with the plugin for compatibility with vlc1.2/1.1.3 +. I do not know if you followed the main 3d and made the changes suggested in 3d. In the case you have missed, I suggest you re-read or if you want to avoid the boring things, please use the version of the plugin that I posted on the project repository http://code.google.com/p/vlc-shares/ . The downloads are on the list. To install, simply extract the contents of the root of vlc-stock and accept overwriting files

Anonymous
    Inactive

Grazie di tutti i consigli (è vero sono italiano). Avevo letto già il thread per intero quindi avevo aggiunto il plugin alla cartella vlc shares. Quindi in definitiva non c’è modo di vedere file con risoluzione in 1280×720, perchè almeno per me c’è un rallentamento video e solo l’audio va. Comunque gà vedere i film o episodi di anime megavideo in flv su wii è una gran cosa.

Vi ringrazio tutti per l’assistenza e per lo sviluppo di questo fantastico lettore multimediale

Riccardo

zany130
    Participant

Non è la risoluzione del video il problema (o per vlc-shares non è quello il problema). Il problema risiede in un bug del vlc che sara corretto (si spera) nella versione 1.2.

In attesa del rilascio, se ti ritieni un impavido, puoi provare ad utilizzare una nightly build del 1.2. Ho spulciato nelle email e ho ritrovato la versione che usa jhb50: http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win32/trunk-20100815-0002/

MI ha detto che per lui funziona la transcodifica usando quella build, se nel profilo di transcodifica disabilita la transcodifica audio. In quel modo puoi vedere tutti i video, downscalando se necessario.

Non so di preciso quale sia il profilo che utilizza, ma chiedere non costa nulla e potresti utilizzarlo.

@jhb50
    Can you copy here your vlc-shares’s profile that you use for h264/aac with 1.2 nightly build?

Usando quella configurazione, potresti anche vedere i video nuovi di megavideo usando la transcodifica… anche se francamente non ne vedo questa grande utilità visto che dalla 1.0.8 wiimc riesce cmq a riprodurli discretamente.

cadbusca
    Participant

Translation of the above responses.

Thanks for all the advice (it’s true I’m Italian). I had already read the whole thread so I added the plugin to vlc folder shares. So ultimately there is no way to view files with 1280×720 resolution, at least for me because there is a slowdown in video and audio only goes. However to watch movies or episodes of anime on megavideo flv wii is a great thing. (jhb50 edit: Yes this is a WIIMC problem with AVC videos as width increases above 640, the video slows and the audio plays but slows down, and then stops after a few seconds.)

Thank you all for your assistance and for the development of this fantastic media player

Richard

Video resolution is not the problem (or vlc-shares is not the problem). The problem is a bug in vlc that will correct (hopefully) in version 1.2.

Pending the issuance, if you think a fearless, you can try using a nightly build of 1.2. I trawled in emails and I found the version that jhb50 uses: http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win32/trunk-20100815-0002/ He told me that he works for transcoding using that build, if the profile of disabled transcoding audio transcoding. That way you can watch all the videos, downscale if needed. (jhb50 edit: confirmed – see my config file attached)

I’m not sure what profile it uses, but asking does not cost anything and you use it.

Using that configuration, you may also see a new video transcoding using megavideo … although frankly I do not see this very useful since the 1.0.8 wiimc is able to play fairly.

jhb50 Note:

I use the attached config file as located in:
    C:Program Files (x86)EasyPHP-5.3.2iwwwvlc-sharesapplicationconfigsvlc-shares.config.ini

Note that I have the vlc 1.2 nightly in its own directory as copied there from the nightly .zip file. This keeps it separate from my vlc 1.1 installed using the downloaded .exe file.

I also keep all my files on a separate D: drive.

For transcoding with VLC-shares I use the “video only” option which I added to the standard hq,mq,lq but I also bumped the bitrate on those by 1000 for testing so the hq may not work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Devo davvero ringraziarvi ragazzi.
    Infatti applicando i vostri suggerimenti sono finalmente riuscito a visualizzare in risoluzione hd ready (1280×720) video in hq utilizzando il nuovo profilo di transcodifica di jbh50. Se può esservi utile,inoltre, posso dire che con un bitrate di 2500, applicato a mq video only, utilizzando anche la versione standard di vlc 1.1.4 non ho avuto alcun problema di visualizzazione e la qualità è rimasta quasi intatta. Dico quasi, solo perchè da vicino appare un effetto pixel, ma così irrisorio da essere invisibile a solo un metro di distanza.
    L’unica cosa che ancora rimane da migliorare è,a mio parere, questa: i link di megavideo in hd, come già si era detto, sono impossibili da vedere (error loading file assicurato). Però, a questo punto, modificando il profilo di conversione di megavideo, sarebbe possibile applicare lo stesso risultato ottenuto anche a quest’ultimo e rendere così il vlc shares uno dei software più super mai creati.

Sto lavorando anch’io a nuovi profili di transcodifica.Spero che ci terremo in contatto per confrontare le nostre esperienze.

Grazie ancora

Riccardo

cadbusca
    Participant

Ricardo’s reply with some editing.

I must really thank you guys.
    In fact using your suggestions I finally managed to see HD ready (1280×720) hq video using the new profile transcoding from jbh50. If it can be helpful also, I can say that with a bitrate of 2500, applied only to video square meters, also using the standard version of vlc 1.1.4 I had no problem viewing and the quality remained almost intact. I say almost only because it is a pixelated up close, but so ridiculous as to be invisible only a meter away.
    The only thing that remains to be improved, in my opinion, is this: the megavideo links in hd, as we said, are impossible to see (error loading file provided). But at this point, changing the profile conversion megavideo, it can apply the same result even at the latter and thus make the vlc shares of a super software ever created.

I’m working on new profiles transcodifica.Spero we’ll be in touch to compare our experiences.

Thanks again

zany130
    Participant

Sul lato dei profili di transcodifica in realtà non ho fatto molto lavoro. MI sono limitato a quelli standard che ci sono. Mi farebbe molto comodo se qualcuno mi aiutasse da quel punto di vista: se condividete profili particolari li aggiungo nel trunk e li sostituisco ai normali hq/mq/lq. Per quanto riguarda i video megavideo hq: si, credo che modificare il profilo di transcodifica potrebbe bastare ad aggirare il problema. Il profilo di transcodifica dei video di megavideo lo trovi fra le optioni del plugin di megavideo, nella parte bassa del file di configurazione.

Ti sarei molto grado se condividessi i tuoi profili, magari altre persone possono trovarli utili. (magari nel 3d principale di vlc-shares)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Purtroppo non sono riuscito a vedere i video transcodificati di megavideo in hd, secondo me non ho ben individuato la posizione corretta del profilo di transcodifica sul file di configurazione. Quando vado su “Watch transcoded video” il server risponde sempre errore di caricamento file, anche per quelli non in hd, che riesco a visualizzare solo quando clicco “watch megavideo directly”. Rispondendo alla tua domanda di prima, ho trovato nuovi profili di transcodifica più completi, però li sto ancora provando e credo ci vorrà ancora del tempo.
    Infine devo dire anche che i comandi “rewind” e “forward” continuano a non lavorare su qualunque video io riproduca,anche se davvero non riesco a capirne la causa.

zany130
    Participant

@richard wrote:

Purtroppo non sono riuscito a vedere i video transcodificati di megavideo in hd, secondo me non ho ben individuato la posizione corretta del profilo di transcodifica sul file di configurazione. Quando vado su “Watch transcoded video” il server risponde sempre errore di caricamento file, anche per quelli non in hd, che riesco a visualizzare solo quando clicco “watch megavideo directly”.

Il profilo di transcodifica utilizzato da megavideo lo trovi nella parte bassa del file di configurazione (nella sezione plugin). Esattamente è la configurazione: megavideo.transcode.args

Righe 249 -> 255 di vlc-shares.config.ini_WINDOWS

;
    ; Aggiunge Megavideo alla lista di collezioni
    ;
    ; Add Megavideo library in Collections Index
    megavideo.class = "X_VlcShares_Plugins_Megavideo"
    megavideo.path = APPLICATION_PATH "/../library/X/VlcShares/Plugins/Megavideo.php"
    megavideo.transcode.args = "transcode{venc=ffmpeg,vcodec=mp2v,vb=1000,scale=.5,width=640,fps=25,acodec=a52,ab=384,channels=2,samplerate=48000}:std{access=http,mux=ts,dst=:8081}"

@richard wrote:

Rispondendo alla tua domanda di prima, ho trovato nuovi profili di transcodifica più completi, però li sto ancora provando e credo ci vorrà ancora del tempo.
    Infine devo dire anche che i comandi “rewind” e “forward” continuano a non lavorare su qualunque video io riproduca,anche se davvero non riesco a capirne la causa.

Dovrebbero funzionare, solo che le differenze (cioe il salto temporale) lo vedi solo nel momento in cui wiimc ha esaurito di riprodurre i dati contenuti nel buffer. Per farti un esempio:
    – stai guardando un video, sei al minuto 2. Wiimc ha nel buffer fino al minuto 2.30.
    – premi avanti 1 minuto.
    – vlc comincia a trasmettere dal minuto 3.30, wiimc continua a riprodurre fino al minuto 2.30 (i dati nel buffer), poi salta a 3.30 (o 4) (i dati che ha ricevuto da vlc dopo il salto una volta che il buffer si è esaurito).
    Valuta quindi se il salto temporale c’e’, ma è postumo o se nn c’e’ affatto. Nel caso in cui nn ci sia affatto, probabilmente è stata fatta qualche modifica nel ramo 1.1 delle api web di vlc e magari serve un’aggiustatita.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password