AVI conversion solution

Home Forums General Discussion AVI conversion solution

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    WaterBurnDotDotDot
    Participant

I developed an app to convert MP4 and MKV files into AVI. The resulting files play with no issues on the Wii. I recently had a request for the app so I decided to toss it out there to see how it favors.

http://code.google.com/p/convert2avi/downloads/list

cadbusca
    Participant

Not to knock your effort, but a cardinal rule is not to run unverified exe’s, especially those that supply no specs or details on your pc.

There is no need to convert mkv or mp4 files to avi unless you wish to downsize HD to SD and in that case a simple VLC or FFMPEG command will do the job, just as VLC shares does.

WaterBurnDotDotDot
    Participant

appreciate your comments.

I assumed since it was open-source makes it more trusted. Off the top of my head I wouldn’t know how to put it out there any other way. So I am up for suggestions.

My experience with VLC Shares was not the best and not all of us are keen enough to know how to run an FFmpeg command against a file.

I have, and I believe other people, the issue of having multiple MP4 video’s that will lag on WiiMC because the resolution is > 480p. Most MP4 video’s are in 720×404. WiiMC can play these but the audio notoriously goes out of synch.

My solution is to put the files that need converted into a location, push a button, walk away and as they complete I can watch them on WiiMC.

-b

cadbusca
    Participant

Open Source would mean you are including the source code so others can review and compile it themselves.
    You could also post the ffmpeg command that you are using in your exe to do the conversion, and post the formats that you are converting to. eg: divx/mp3.avi

WaterBurnDotDotDot
    Participant

The source code under the source link on the code.google.com site. Can you not see it? Maybe I didn’t set it up correctly.

the FFmpeg switches are below. All files get converted to AVI.
    -threads 2 -y -i ” FILENAME ” -f avi -r 29.97 -vcodec libxvid -vtag XVID -s 640×360 -aspect 16:9 -maxrate 1800k -b 1500k -qmin 3 -qmax 5 -bufsize 4096 -mbd 2 -bf 2 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 48000 -ab 128k -ac 2 ” FILENAME “

I originally had this in a batch file but wanted a push button solution.

cadbusca
    Participant

Interesting. That’s the same command as WINFF uses, but it provides more options.

WaterBurnDotDotDot
    Participant

I think I tried WinFF, but didn’t steal the command from them, I got it somewhere else, need to track it down to give it credit.

I want something that will automatically grab them and spit them out. Although I am lazy so never got to the point.

cadbusca
    Participant

The easy way is to create a convert.bat and add it to your sendto folder. Then right click on any video file and Sendto Convert !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password