code dump when playing some videos

Home Forums Help and Support code dump when playing some videos

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    virtualpatterns
    Participant

Hello,
    I have a problem with certain videos. When played they generate a code dump.

An example:
    “Star Wars The Clone Wars S02E20 720p HDTV x264-CTU”

the same file works with Mplayer CE.

My configuration:
    wiiMC version 1.0.1
    CIOS 202 installed from your last package
    WIIMC started from the official forward channel
    movies on a NTFS partition of an external USB HD
    wiimc video settings: all default (but auto-resume “off”)

By the way: I have several other videos wich generate the same code dump.

SnipeX
    Participant

WiiMC (Actually the wii in general) doesnt handle HD h.264 video well. I bet most of the files that it is having problems with are .mkv or .mp4. Maybe try downloading the SD xvid versions of the shows instead, otherwise a PS3 or dedicated media centre may be a better option.

virtualpatterns
    Participant

Thank you for the answer.

However the same files play correctly on the wii with Mplayer CE.

On other forums I see people with my same problem.

I’m simply reporting the problem hoping for a solution in a future release.

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

This happens to me as well. A few of my XViD movies stored on my usb hard drive will code dump in WiiMC 1.0.1 (w/ IOS202) but play fine in MPlayerCE.

Darktink
    Participant

Hi,

I have also experienced a code dump while trying to watch a xvid copy of quantum of solace with 1.0.1. I was wondering if the current svn version fixed this issue so tonight I compiled a copy of r259 and it still appears to be a problem.

The first time it was after I had watched 3 x 30 minute tv shows (xvid as well) without issue. I started this movie and it code dumped within a few minutes. The homebrew channel reloaded and I restarted wiimc and this time it code dumped about 15 minutes in?

I put the sd card into my computer but can’t find a copy of the code dump on it, does it only display on screen?

Would a copy of it help to track down the issue and if so is there something I can change to make the wii not reboot so I have time to copy it down?

Thanks,
    Mike

cadbusca
    Participant

You need to understand the WIIMC appears to have come corruption after playing a few videos and will then freeze or dump the next one. This is apart from the core dump or freeze that will occur when playing a file with a resolution too high for the WII to handle. To determine which is the case restart WIIMC and try playing the video again. This always fixes the first problem for me until this problem is fixed. I have reported it as a “Corruption” bug.

I would like to see a sample of the 720P H264 that you can play on CE. I have been unable to play these on MC.
    Can you attach a the first 3-5megs of your file to a reply to this thread? I can then test it here. Tks.

virtualpatterns
    Participant

Just tested (same files) with 1.0.2 and “frame dropping” disabled.

The code dump is still there. 🙁

virtualpatterns
    Participant

1.0.3 has the same issue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i have a few videos on my usb external drive which code dump when i choose them. a few will start loading then code dump, others will code dump right away without saying loading. how does one go about debugging this problem? is there some information about the file that should be looked at? i think i read somewhere that unsupported resolutions can cause code dumps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

is this issue just going to be ignored? i have many movies which code dump in wiimc but play fine in mplayerce. the same movies code dump on my cousin’s wii with wiimc. we are using different external hard drives. (when) will wiimc have the same reliable playback of mplayerce?

rodries
    Keymaster

How are we supposed to answer that? We don’t know and we don’t have a crystal ball.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there anything users who experience crashes can contribute/provide to developers that would help isolate the cause of the code dump?

rodries
    Keymaster

Yes, the STACK DUMP section of the crash screen can help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll try and do that tonight. On a similar note, is there anything like strace in WiiMC that could be dumped to a log file on the sd or usb?

virtualpatterns
    Participant

Maybe I can contribute as well.

Is there a way to dump the stack on the SD in order to upload it on the forum?

Many thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password