code dump when playing some videos

Home Forums Help and Support code dump when playing some videos

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve uploaded screens of my code dumps from different movies. Many of them give the same stack trace. I noticed that some movies which I’ve watched before gave code dumps, but then I tried them again and they played back fine. However there are movies which always give code dumps when they are selected.

http://rapidshare.com/files/391144578/code_dump.rar.html

This should probably be in a separate thread if it hasn’t been mentioned before, but when I load WiiMC through the forwarder channel and a code dump occurs it doesn’t go back to the system menu and I have to do a hard reboot. But when I run from HBC, it will go back to HBC after a code dump.

rodries
    Keymaster

What’s the resolution/codecs of these videos? Please use a util and post them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

They are all xvid scene releases. I uploaded the nfos for the movies which crash. The majority of them have 640×272 resolution. If theres any more info that needs to be extracted from the avi itself, which program do I use to obtain it?

corey89
    Participant

@fattest wrote:

If theres any more info that needs to be extracted from the avi itself, which program do I use to obtain it?

Use MediaInfo. View and export as text for best results.

cadbusca
    Participant

I believe there is a lot of ambiguity in the above posts which is leading to chasing our tails.

The ONLY code dumps that should be reported are those that occur with files that conform to the criteria posted in http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=224 AND those that repeatedly occur when played immediately after a cold boot of WIIMC.

As others have posted, we already know that files that do not conform to http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=224 will cause dumps, and that after one or more files are played, the chances of a dump due to a memory leak or other corruption increase.

It would appear that all the problems cited above fall into the known and previously reported category.

rodries
    Keymaster

fattest I tried one of the video you mentioned, it worked fine for me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Which one? There were only a few which caused crashes every time (Armored, Old Dogs, New Moon, Oceans 11 off the top of my head). I think some were caused because I had loaded several movies before and the next one would code dump, I was loading movies one by one to see which cause code dumps. I’ve seen that behaviour mentioned here or on GBAtemp. I don’t keep the sample avi’s for the movies, if I can find one for one of the movies that crashes I’ll PM you the link and see if it does the same for you.

cadbusca
    Participant

The problem is not any particular video (so long as they are WII conforming ones) but the fact that they are not the first one played after WIIMC starts up. If you get a dump, just restart WIIMC and play it again. If it fails then and you can repeat it, then you have something to report.

Anonymous
    Inactive

As I mentioned there are a few videos which cause crashes every time. It does not happen just for me, my cousin has the same problem with the same movies.

axgarr
    Participant

These problems could be caused by an error in encoding file….

It can be a frame freeze… Test it with AviDeFreeze

cadbusca
    Participant

fattest, please start being specific. If you cannot post precisely what video with what specs (using MediaInfo if you don’t know) does not play no one can help you or fix it, and you are just wasting others time. You can refer to my sticky for what should play. I’m interested in knowing what does not, and if it does not if it was the first video played after loading WIIMC.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password