Expanded Windows Compile Guide

Home Forums Development Expanded Windows Compile Guide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    cadbusca
    Participant
    dimok
    Participant

Sorry things are not working out for you hetfield.

I just recently followed jhb50’s guide this past week and I’ve had no issues whatsoever. I have succefully compiled WiiMC with and without jhb50’s enhancement pack, and even my own version now, which shows video cover art.

This is my first experience with devkitPRO and I followed the guide to the letter on a Windows 7, 32bit Dell laptop (2.2Ghz Core2Duo, 4GB ram).

One update however, would be to include a note to configure & compile liba52 if using WiiMC v1.05 source code.

Thanks for the guide jhb50!

cadbusca
    Participant

Thanks for your certification of the process ravex99. That should make others confident in using it. I don’t understand your comment “to include a note to configure & compile liba52 if using WiiMC v1.05 source code.” Isn’t that what these lines in the process do? If not please PM me the changes you recommend and I’ll alter the guide.

cd ..
    cd liba52/
    ./configure --host=powerpc-eabi --prefix="${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc" --libdir="${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc/lib" --disable-shared
    make
    make install
    dimok
    Participant

Sorry, jbh50, I guess I mis-stated that. I remember having issues with that library but didn’t review the guide before making that statement.

What I required regarding liba52 that was missing from the guide was that I had to make a change to the /libs/liba52/libtool file. On line 63, I had to change the code

AR="ar"

to

AR="powerpc-eabi-ar"

as stated by pista in this post http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=465#p1923

I am not sure that everyone will have to do this, but it was something that I had to do.

cadbusca
    Participant

Well, first of all congratulations, you just found hetfield’s problem. I guess he missed pista’s post but the original author posted an image that duplicates his initial problem post above.

There is another script in the forums that is missing the liba52 compile step so perhaps thats where you got the idea that it was missing from mine…Interestingly my /libs/liba52/libtool file still just contains AR=”ar” and it worked fine for me but I will post a pointer in my instructions that this may be required.

axgarr
    Participant

This was a workaround…

In some cases, Devkit and/or mingw don’t install some commands…

another workaround is:

copy “powerpc-eabi-ar.exe” from devkitppcbin directory
    and paste it in msysbin. Then rename it in “ar.exe”

cadbusca
    Participant

Thanks Pista. Users should note that the original Guide has been edited to reflect new info and feedback from others. If you use the guide checkback periodically for those updates.

geegee
    Participant

i am glad the problem has been found and solved.
    i must admit i gave up on searching.
    also pista’s idea is of copying and renaming sounds more logical then the solution that was offered by a member on the first page (download a complete different set of tools and copy one file).

nice work people.

zany130
    Participant

@hetfield wrote:

i am glad the problem has been found and solved.
    i must admit i gave up on searching.
    also pista’s idea is of copying and renaming sounds more logical then the solution that was offered by a member on the first page (download a complete different set of tools and copy one file).

nice work people.

The file is the same

swatpup32
    Participant

Hello I agrees since some mistakes always meet while compiling.
    rev 419 true the last I could freely compile mistake.
    Maybe somebody can help me

cadbusca
    Participant

Sure ..read the above posts …” Users should note that the original Guide has been edited to reflect new info and feedback from others. If you use the guide checkback periodically for those updates.”
    ie: Edit 2: Effective with SVN R421 both opencore-amr and openjpeg are no longer required, so skip the compile commands delineated by the blank lines below.

xzxero
    Participant

instead you are supposed to compile libexif

cadbusca
    Participant

Yes, the changes required as of SVN434, were posted in Edit 3 of the Guide. PCRE is required as well.

swatpup32
    Participant

Hello has changed something while compiling again?
    I always get an error messag

NoahJAustin
    Participant

Hi all, I use to be able to compile WiiMC no problems but now, as of revision circa 451, when it gets to the end I get this error.

Any ideas? Am I missing some new library? I noticed LibprojectM was added to the libs folder but, for the life of me, I can’t get it to compile. Is that needed now and how would I go about doing that?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password