Expanded Windows Compile Guide

Home Forums Development Expanded Windows Compile Guide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    cadbusca
    Participant

OK I’m getting it too starting with SVN 448. Stay with 446 until we get clarification.

xzxero
    Participant

libprojectm is not needed, but the svn version of libogc, see http://devkitpro.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/devkitpro?view=revision&revision=4219

NoahJAustin
    Participant

wait we need the svn of devkit pro now?

rodries
    Keymaster

If you’re building WiiMC, you always should’ve been using the latest libogc SVN.

NoahJAustin
    Participant

Ok it didn’t occur to me that the installer for devkitpro also updated
    I would have thought the version number would have changed or something but always said 1.5.0

[EDIT] After doing that it still messes up upon linking the wiimc.elf
    Apparently the update didn’t touch the libogc folder. I’ll just reinstall from scratch.

rodries
    Keymaster

No, we mean SVN. Just like WiiMC, you have to download, build, and install libogc. Not using the installer.

NoahJAustin
    Participant

Can someone kindly make instructions on how to do that? I got as far as dling the trunk of the whole devkit project and upon lunching the build script it says that It won’t compile and that I must use the stable build.

$ ./build-devkit.sh
    Currently in release cycle, proceed with caution, do not report problems, do not
    ask for support.
    Please use the latest release buildscripts unless advised otherwise by devkitPro
    staff.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/files/buildscripts/

The scripts in svn are quite often dependent on things which currently only exis
    t on developer machines. This is not a bug, use stable releases.

I of course went to the link in question, got the stable version of the build script, which requires various libraries specifically the stable libogc 1.8.3 library, thereby ignoring the libogc code in the devkit-trunk folder. So I’m at a loss.

cadbusca
    Participant

I have no interest in managing another SVN, especially one in a high state of flux as is libogc, or in attempting to expand this guide to address that process. In view of this new requirement, forced by the decision of the development team to use pre-release pre-req code rather than the published compile pre-req of libogc 1.8.3, my decision is to stay with SVN 446 as my enhancement development base, and add selected new SVN non-libogc dependent mods to that base as I require. I will therefore be publishing no further updates to this compile guide which is correct and current as of SVN446.

SVN446 is highly functional and stable, and my testing shows that it will play all videos up to 1280×720 resolution except AVC video streams which are limited to 1024. For these larger format HD videos, the bitrate becomes the limitation and continuous “buffering” starts to occur some where in the 3-4mbps range which is a WII and not a WIIMC limitation. With the availability of vlc-shares to play these higher rate videos, and since I have no need for IOS202 or its replacement, I have no need for anything more than SVN446 as enhanced by my latest Pack and compiled using this guide and its updates.

I now consider this thread closed.

Skanksta
    Participant

I was able to get this working, and is not that hard.

Download the SVN libogc source from:

https://devkitpro.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/devkitpro/trunk/libogc/

Launch Msys, change directory to the root of the downloaded libogc folder, run make, then make install.

This by itself won’t give you everything you need to compile the newer WiiMC, as will be missing some necessary files (fat.h and others) in the new folders, that should already be in your installed devkitpro/libogc/include and devkitpro/libogc/lib folders. What you may wish to do is make a copy of those directories first before continuing. There may be a better way, but this is how I did it:

Go into the now compiled libogc folder:

Copy the contents of newly created libogc/include folder into your devkitpro/libogc/include folder (overwriting older files with the new ones)

Copy the contents of newly created libogc/lib folder into your devkitpro/libogc/lib folder (overwriting older files with the new ones)

Now you can compile the new WiiMC revisions as usual.

NoahJAustin
    Participant

Thank-you cmb for the advice! It worked great! I actually had tried to compile libogc separately but ran into some really weird things because the folder which I was compiling was on my desktop. At the time I figured it couldn’t be compiled separately and went on to try to compile/install the whole devkitPro svn. Once I had moved it directly in the c drive it was all worked fine. So there you have it! 😀

That said, your link is very difficult to download the files off of. I found this to be better as it allows you to download everything as a tarball on the bottom
    http://devkitpro.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/devkitpro/trunk/libogc/

cor
    Participant

I have problem when tried to compile I got this error

elsevi
    Participant

@sagewolf wrote:

I have problem when tried to compile I got this error

Search is your friend.
    http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=772

Jake7bball
    Participant

I have just tried the latest svn, and also the source from the 1.0.9 version. Both compile without any problems, yet when I run either dol on the wii, I just get a code dump. 1.0.9 runs fine on my wii when I download it as a release. Any other software I compile runs without issue.

As I’m not getting any compile errors I figure I must have an outdated library, but I have the latest libogc and portlibs from the svn. Anyone shed any light on what I may be doing wrong?

EDIT: I’ve also noticed that in windows explorer the release dol is 8653kb and my dol is 8598kb, not a massive difference I know, but it makes me think something must be missing from my dol.

cadbusca
    Participant

You need to be more specific. What are the SVN numbers you are using.
    @stevebryce wrote:

latest svn = ??
    source from the 1.0.9 version = ???
    latest libogc = ??
    the release dol is 8653kb and my dol is 8598kb = depends on the SVN’s used.

Jake7bball
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

You need to be more specific. What are the SVN numbers you are using.
    @stevebryce wrote:

latest svn = ??
    source from the 1.0.9 version = ???
    latest libogc = ??
    the release dol is 8653kb and my dol is 8598kb = depends on the SVN’s used.

svn-497
    1.0.9 version-471 from tag path on svn
    libogc- r4304

If I download 1.0.9 as a dol, it works, if I compile it myself it doesn’t, so I’m sure its something wrong on my end, but as it compiles with no errors, I can’t seem to figure out what.

Any thoughts where I should start?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password